There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Randy Moss & Alex Smith pull this off.....

It's all about the offense manipulating their defense. Will the safeties come up for run attack or stay back? History dictates that safeties stack the box against us daring us to throw. The NYG D did that and Alex was able to throw with success. I believe this is a very patient offense only taking what the D gives. That middle of the field is going to be the question mark.

Will VD always be covered one-on-one with Woodson? If so, he will clear him out for someone else. If Woodson stays back, the ILB will match up with Davis and that's a win for us. I expect Woodson to go one-on-one with Davis. To me, the advantage is still VD. I expect us to attack the middle via runs. I expect "pops" out of the middle of our OL, right though their gut. Gore, Hunter and LMJ could take it for huge gains and Gore n Dixon can do short yardage.

It's their secondary VS our new WR weapons. I will hope that Jenkins suits up cause his speed and quick twitch could cause problems for their young secondary. All this will allow Roman to take his time with Moss and not force it to him. But once #84 is called, I will guarantee you he will go all out for that mofo. I just hope when that time comes, the OL buckles up!

Go Niners!
[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
It's all about the offense manipulating their defense. Will the safeties come up for run attack or stay back? History dictates that safeties stack the box against us daring us to throw. The NYG D did that and Alex was able to throw with success. I believe this is a very patient offense only taking what the D gives. That middle of the field is going to be the question mark.

Will VD always be covered one-on-one with Woodson? If so, he will clear him out for someone else. If Woodson stays back, the ILB will match up with Davis and that's a win for us. I expect Woodson to go one-on-one with Davis. To me, the advantage is still VD. I expect us to attack the middle via runs. I expect "pops" out of the middle of our OL, right though their gut. Gore, Hunter and LMJ could take it for huge gains and Gore n Dixon can do short yardage.

It's their secondary VS our new WR weapons. I will hope that Jenkins suits up cause his speed and quick twitch could cause problems for their young secondary. All this will allow Roman to take his time with Moss and not force it to him. But once #84 is called, I will guarantee you he will go all out for that mofo. I just hope when that time comes, the OL buckles up!

Go Niners!

That's only if Alex unloads, He only threw deep once to moss I can think of durning the preseason, and it was triple coverage. Moss will be open up to Alex to see it and have the balls to throw it and trust him.
i hope woodson tries to press cover VD and gets ran over.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

haha made me think of the Road Runner, BEEP BEEP!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

haha made me think of the Road Runner, BEEP BEEP!

lol thats what i was thinking
I was @ that game where Randy burnt Clements

clements got burned a lot, if it wasnt moss it was somebody else lol
In the NFL, it comes down to individual matchups.

With the wr additions this offseason we have significantly improved this group.

The D will no longer be able to stack the line and dictate to us. We now have the weapons to attack a D from multiple angles. Who will the try and take away from our gameplan?

Most likely a D will want to take away VD like most did last year. But then Moss is also a huge deep threat on any play, so they now have to commit a speed cover guy to him.

With the focus on keeping VD and Moss from burning them deep, they have lesser db's to handle Manningham, Crabtree, Williams and later in the season A.J.

I believe that this is gonna be the group of guys who will have huge potential for big seasons!

Once the D is worried about the passing attack, we have Frank, and the boys to run without a staked box for once!

Could not be more excited about our O this year!!!

We are in such a better position to take advantage of the opposing D this year that I would be suprised if we don't see a huge leap in production from the entire O!
Originally posted by rk1642:

The D will no longer be able to stack the line and dictate to us. We now have the weapons to attack a D from multiple angles. Who will the try and take away from our gameplan?

Most likely a D will want to take away VD like most did last year. But then Moss is also a huge deep threat on any play, so they now have to commit a speed cover guy to him.

With the focus on keeping VD and Moss from burning them deep, they have lesser db's to handle Manningham, Crabtree, Williams and later in the season A.J.

I believe that this is gonna be the group of guys who will have huge potential for big seasons!

Once the D is worried about the passing attack, we have Frank, and the boys to run without a staked box for once!

We are in such a better position to take advantage of the opposing D this year that I would be suprised if we don't see a huge leap in production from the entire O!

Good post. When it comes to facing the 49ers offense for 2012, teams will have to pick their poison!
With Randy..the 9ers are a ticking time bomb....
Personally I hope that Alex can pull it off this year. He knows Kaep is nipping at his heels so if he doesn't perform well then he just isn't very good like I anticipate. If we performs well than I'll surely dine on some salty crow but I don't think we stay injury free like last year, I don't see the +28 turnovers again so to win the NFC west the QB has to play very well this year IMO.

Not worried about Moss. I'm sure he can get open the question is will Alex learn to avoid a rush and get the ball out ala Kaep. The reason Smith is blitzed so often as Afrikan mentioned is he is poor at Making decisions on the fly and panics too quickly. He doesnt make You pay. I see the team struggling to pass again this year. 10-6 maybe if defense plays lights out
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
With Randy..the 9ers are a ticking time bomb....

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I don't know if Alex has the arm strength to "chuck it" to Moss. It's gonig to be interesting to see how all of this will work.

yah they should consider bringing in Kap for the deep plays.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by rk1642:

Good post. When it comes to facing the 49ers offense for 2012, teams will have to pick their poison!

And we got a healthy DELANIE WALKER for the 2 TE sets!!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home