There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Randy Moss & Alex Smith pull this off.....

I know Alex Smith isn't as good as Tom Brady.......but just imagine if Alex can be at least as good as Matt Cassel?

Interesting Clip @ 1:35

[ Edited by TlSSER on Sep 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM ]

.... but yes, Alex can deliver the ball to Moss, if he is open. Question should be.. will the pass protection hold up long enough to encourage Harbaugh to allow for more passing?
I don't know if Alex has the arm strength to "chuck it" to Moss. It's gonig to be interesting to see how all of this will work.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

.... but yes, Alex can deliver the ball to Moss, if he is open. Question should be.. will the pass protection hold up long enough to encourage Harbaugh to allow for more passing?
If Alex makes teams pay everytime they blitz, they will back off.... or he can also run with the ball more often and again make them pay.

that will buy him extra time in the pocket if teams have to be cautious in pressuring the guy. Its not 100% on the Oline...and Alex will tell you that. If teams are getting pressure with only a 4-5 man rush, then yes that is on them...but if they are sending extra defenders, we should make them pay for the majority of the time.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I don't know if Alex has the arm strength to "chuck it" to Moss. It's gonig to be interesting to see how all of this will work.

He was chucking it a good 50 yds last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHN1UPg5zHs

After working with mechanics guru Tom House, I'd say his throwing power will have a little more zip now, if he's got time to set his feet.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If Alex makes teams pay everytime they blitz, they will back off.... or he can also run with the ball more often and again make them pay.

that will buy him extra time in the pocket if teams have to be cautious in pressuring the guy. Its not 100% on the Oline...and Alex will tell you that. If teams are getting pressure with only a 4-5 man rush, then yes that is on them...but if they are sending extra defenders, we should make them pay for the majority of the time.

I don't disagree with that much.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

He was chucking it a good 50 yds last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHN1UPg5zHs

After working with mechanics guru Tom House, I'd say his throwing power will have a little more zip now, if he's got time to set his feet.

oh yeah....i forgot about that play
Originally posted by TlSSER:

... and of course, it's just one play and we didn't go deep often. But still, Alex can pitch it deep. I hope he finds a willingness to do so more often.

... and of course, it's just one play and we didn't go deep often. But still, Alex can pitch it deep. I hope he finds a willingness to do so more often.

i'm sure harbaugh and roman have plans to unleash moss.....if they have to

i'm sure harbaugh and roman have plans to unleash moss.....if they have to

Oh, I pray so... I am not unlike many others here in that I really want to see our offense open things up and become much more explosive. I like the ground and pound stuff too, but I miss the deep passing game. I want us to come out and hit on some deeper stuff... that will set a tone throughout the game (year) that you key on Gore and load extra defenders around the los? and we WILL defile you deep downfield.
I saw a stat the other day that was interesting. we only had 6 plays over 40 yard in the regular seasons. That doesnt work! Randy was brought here to fix that among other things. If they cant do it, put in someone who can!
I don't think Alex lacks for much of anything physically. His problem has been his hesitancy to be aggressive in his play when the situation arises. He made some strides last season in this area. He has good arm strength and is physically gifted enough for the position, he just has to put the ball in play and let the receiver come down with it
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't think Alex lacks for much of anything physically. His problem has been his hesitancy to be aggressive in his play when the situation arises. He made some strides last season in this area. He has good arm strength and is physically gifted enough for the position, he just has to put the ball in play and let the receiver come down with it

Can't really disagree with this... I know it can be frustrating to see "safe ball"... but it's hard to argue with the results. Would have liked to see a few more aggressive shots in the NFCCG. Hindsight's a bi*ch. I think we win it if not for KW's errors, but I won't entirely blame him for the loss. We played and won a lot of games with "safe ball" in year one. I hope we don't feel the need to stick so tightly to that in year two.
Randy Moss wont get that Many Receptions Cause he will be Double Teamed Expect Crabtree or Davis to Get alot of Yards
I think it srems from him not wanting to f**k so we all go oh yeah theres the same old alex smith again.