There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Now, That's a defense!!

Great story about the 49er Defense, by the Wall Street Journal (go figure) right after the NFC Championship Game. I guess it was a slow day for financial news.

I previously buried this in another thread... thought people should see it. Fangio's crew getting some serious east coast love.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577179120491199182.html

I appologize if this was posted previously
wait for it
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Great story about the 49er Defense, by the Wall Street Journal (go figure) right after the NFC Championship Game. I guess it was a slow day for financial news.

I previously buried this in another thread... thought people should see it. Fangio's crew getting some serious east coast love.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203806504577179120491199182.html

I appologize if this was posted previously
Nice article, by the WSJ of all Places.
I cried after reading this
One of the very best performance from this defense last year. In overtime , I expected them to be tired and start to make mistakes or missed tackles. It never happened. The pass rush was still there. The tackling was still there. The coverage was still there. The Giants didn't score in the 4th and didn't move the ball at all in overtime. Defense repaid what the offense did for them late in the Saints game is how I see it in the Giants game.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
They fought so hard, not fair that they came up short because of a couple bad mistakes they had nothing to do with.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
One of the very best performance from this defense last year. In overtime , I expected them to be tired and start to make mistakes or missed tackles. It never happened. The pass rush was still there. The tackling was still there. The coverage was still there. The Giants didn't score in the 4th and didn't move the ball at all in overtime. Defense repaid what the offense did for them late in the Saints game is how I see it in the Giants game.

Defense gave up 7 points after Kyles first fumble. The score was 14-10 before. Don't get me wrong I blame this more on Kyle than anyone else, just clarifying.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Defense gave up 7 points after Kyles first fumble. The score was 14-10 before. Don't get me wrong I blame this more on Kyle than anyone else, just clarifying.

Thanks. I was trying to block that out so I can talk about the game.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I cried after reading this

It was an amazing read!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Yeah but they got thrust into a position they wouldn't have been in if the offense had to start the drive from their own 20. Also the defense had just come off the field so they also got no time to rest after stopping the previous drive.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home