LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Is Manningham Better Than Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Talent-wise, yes but he lacks the chemistry Morgan had with Alex. In all due time.

This will be something to watch right out of the box! Smith has had great rapport with VD and good rapport with Morgan. Was that because they were good or due to time practicing together? Or both?

It may take the new receivers and Smith a bit to get that same level of trust and comfort. If so Crabtree and Williams may be more effective for the first half of the season. If it's all about talent only, then Manningham and Moss will jump out right away and help Crabtree/Williams to become better.

At any rate, I love the competition at this position this year.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Talent-wise, yes but he lacks the chemistry Morgan had with Alex. In all due time.

This will be something to watch right out of the box! Smith has had great rapport with VD and good rapport with Morgan. Was that because they were good or due to time practicing together? Or both?

It may take the new receivers and Smith a bit to get that same level of trust and comfort. If so Crabtree and Williams may be more effective for the first half of the season. If it's all about talent only, then Manningham and Moss will jump out right away and help Crabtree/Williams to become better.

At any rate, I love the competition at this position this year.

I really hope they have been working hard together in practices that we are not privy to. Would be such a waste to think that they haven't been... and Tolzien (Lord) knows how important it is to break that unfamiliarity.
Manningham is definitely better than Morgan
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I really hope they have been working hard together in practices that we are not privy to. Would be such a waste to think that they haven't been... and Tolzien (Lord) knows how important it is to break that unfamiliarity.

No doubt they have but Morgan and VD had years to develop a rapport with Smith. Moss and Manningham start a bit ahead experience wise but they still might take more than a TC to have that "reading minds" type of rapport that Montana had with Clark and Rice.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Interesting stat:

Cruz has yet to score on us.

our salsa > their salsa
Share 49ersWebzone