LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Is Manningham Better Than Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Manningham is better because Manningham's stats are better than Morgan's in Madden.
Originally posted by kush:
I'd take Morgan personally, but Harbaugh seems to love rail-thin deep threats, it's his thing.

Not hating on MM btw, I just think Morgan is a good all-around receiver and MM is getting a bit more love because he's new and flashy.

...and maybe because he played a key role in winning the biggest game of his life last winter.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I give the nod to Manningham.

Morgan was an average receiver on a a team without a lot of WR talent, which made him look better.

Manningham was good receiver on a team with much more WR talent (Nicks, Cruz), which made him look kind of average.

Very good point...and he still managed to rise to the occasion and make a huge play for the NYG to help them win the SB.
[ Edited by iwasright73 on Sep 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM ]
Manningham is a 49ers now ! so will see when the season starts YES Manningham
I propose that we nickname him THE HAMMER.
"But coach, it came down like a punt!"

Yeah it's hard not to be #3 on a team with Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks. I think Mario could put up better numbers than Crabtree depending on what his role ends up being.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah it's hard not to be #3 on a team with Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks. I think Mario could put up better numbers than Crabtree depending on what his role ends up being.

I'm curious about this one too...
Originally posted by BayArea:

well he was #3 because he isnt as good as nicks or cruz

he is a decent WR but i think morgan is the better overall WR he has much better skillset
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
well he was #3 because he isnt as good as nicks or cruz

he is a decent WR but i think morgan is the better overall WR he has much better skillset

Well the same could be said for Morgan as he would have been #3 behind those guys as well because he isn't as good.

The judgement can really be laid down once you see how Manningham does in the same offense Morgan had.

No comparison yet. Manningham has produced in big games, he made that TD catch in the Championship game against us. He's one of those rare players that can be shut out the entire game and then BOOM he makes the catch that turns the game around. I was a Josh Morgan fan but his production does not compare with Manningham.
Manningham does one thing way better. Break away speed, morgan never had that. I think thats some of the reason he wasnt resigned.
Interesting stat:

Manningham had the most TDs against us last year in the 49er/Giant regular season and post season meetings (1 each game).

Nicks had 1 in the regular season and 0 in the champ game.

Cruz has yet to score on us.

Another thing to consider in this debate, is that if Manningham = Morgan in terms of talent, overall his value is greater because we are removing a vital #3 from the Giants. They were saying all off season how they were glad he's gone or whatever, but I can tell after the Cowboys game that Hixon isn't living up the billing as much as Mario.
Morgan was the better blocker. Manningham is the better WR.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 8, 2012 at 4:49 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Morgan was the better blocker. Manningham is the better WR.

This. We got the better WR of the 2 and this year he's our 3 WR, not our 2nd which makes it even better. Plus with Moss starting your less likely to see 8 in the box, which is probably better for the running game than a good blocking WR.
Share 49ersWebzone