There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Manningham Better Than Josh Morgan?

• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Morgan will have a better season, but Manningham has more talent.

morgan is barely #4 on the Redskins Depth Chart FYI

Moss
Garcon
Hankerson
Morgan
Originally posted by Garcia:

Moss
Garcon
Hankerson
Morgan

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4919/josh-morgan
Josh Morgan is listed as the first-team "Z" wideout on the Redskins' Week 1 depth chart.
Leonard Hankerson is listed as a second-teamer. Mike Shanahan's depth charts rarely mean much, but this confirms our suspicion that the two will rotate opposite every-down "X" receiver Pierre Garcon.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Moss
Garcon
Hankerson
Morgan

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4919/josh-morgan
Josh Morgan is listed as the first-team "Z" wideout on the Redskins' Week 1 depth chart.
Leonard Hankerson is listed as a second-teamer. Mike Shanahan's depth charts rarely mean much, but this confirms our suspicion that the two will rotate opposite every-down "X" receiver Pierre Garcon.

Perhaps I should have double checked... I looked at it a couple weeks ago in the pre-season.
Perhaps I should have double checked... I looked at it a couple weeks ago in the pre-season.

Well, like it says, his depth charts don't mean much. Seems to me like there will be a healthy mix of WRs in and out of Washington's huddle... at least until some separate themselves from others.
I don't know if this matter but I read in a article(can't remember which 1) but manningham had over 900yd in 12 starts(I i think it was starts), a couple years ago that's pretty good. Almost 1000yds in less than a season, I'll take that, he's clutch for the most part too. I was a morgan fan too but I don't remember him getting 700yds starting a whole year or not(I could be wrong). I think he's a lil more talent. If manningham is capable of catching 900yds from Eli then he should be able to do that with smith. If smith can actually do it. Only time will tell.
  • kush
  • Veteran
I'd take Morgan personally, but Harbaugh seems to love rail-thin deep threats, it's his thing.

Not hating on MM btw, I just think Morgan is a good all-around receiver and MM is getting a bit more love because he's new and flashy.
[ Edited by kush on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM ]
I give the nod to Manningham.

Morgan was an average receiver on a a team without a lot of WR talent, which made him look better.

Manningham was good receiver on a team with much more WR talent (Nicks, Cruz), which made him look kind of average.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes morgan was over rated by the webzone, just like arnez battle was

AB disapproves of this post.
for our offense, i think Morgan offered a beter fit personally. Great blocker, reliable target, minimal big play ability, though he was developing that potential a bit before injury. I think ultimately the reason they let him walk was because of the lack of big play ability, and harbs and company really wanted physically gifted big play makers at WR.

Manningham is more physically gifted, but not as skilled a blocker, not as reliable a possetion WR, but more big play potential. Hope he has a good season for us.
personally though i dont think manningham is a WCO WR

he is great at the medium routes, field presence, route running and double moves,

but when you see him play and look at his size he is a guy who would fit under a digit type offense than a WCO he doesnt have that great size or is exceptionally fast i dont know if he can take hits in the middle of the field off slants etc.
So is Moss or Crabtree the #1 receiver on this team?
Originally posted by BayArea:

KW is

If judged by most playing time, I'd think Crabtree. If judged on alleged remaining skill? I'd say Moss.

Overall, I'd believe the coaches when they say "we really don't look at such rankings for our WRs."
No, I don't think so, but the real question is, is Morgan Better than Moss, cause Moss is the one who took his job...and as far as that goes, it depends on whaat Moss has left.

After all the talk of his being traded, being cut, being buried on the depth chart, Crabtree is still our number one WR.