Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Tom Brady has FIVE STINKING YEARS every play to throw the ball. And Rogers, Rothlesburger, and some others have at least four years. Our pass protection is our weakest area and has been for a decade. It will be better this year though, its been a work in progress.
That's simply not true. I've seen guys come unblocked at Brady and he just turns and makes a throw in a second. I've seen his line destroyed and he just steps up and makes a throw on a dime just before getting hit. When he makes these plays, nobody talks about the poor play by their O-line. The only times people talk about the O-line is when the quarterback is unable to make a play.
The O-line makes a quarterbacks job easier, not "possible" or "impossible".
Would you agree that something like this takes more time than one season with no offseason? From all angles, the oline, the WR, the QB? They were still installing a brand new offense. Brady has trust that his receivers are going to be where they are supposed to be. I don't think Alex has gotten that chance his whole entire NFL career. I really think this will come with time.
Sure, anything gets better with time, and it has. Smith has gotten better in the pocket, but we shouldn't be comparing him to Tom Brady. He is not Tom Brady.