LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Keeping Brock ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
brock had some flashes of being a good cb last year, i think hes worth keeping around to develop. its not like hes gonna start.

OMG i cant take this anymore. Somebody tell me I'm not the only one who remembers him getting embarrassed by Miles Austin vs dallas last year on that like 90 yd td, or how Manning threw a TD pass to Manningham as soon as Brock replaced Tbrown in the NFCCG.
He's looked even worse this pre-season.

to make it all worse, he's rated 77 in the new madden (while culliver is like 74)! AHHHHHH!!!!

t brock stresses me out i'm so butthurt right now that he didnt get cut
Originally posted by Furlow:
There was a lot of similar hate for Tarell Brown last year at this time... I'm going to trust Harbaalke on this one.

I thought Brock was a goner but I have to agree with what you say.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
brock had some flashes of being a good cb last year, i think hes worth keeping around to develop. its not like hes gonna start.

OMG i cant take this anymore. Somebody tell me I'm not the only one who remembers him getting embarrassed by Miles Austin vs dallas last year on that like 90 yd td, or how Manning threw a TD pass to Manningham as soon as Brock replaced Tbrown in the NFCCG.

to make it all worse, he's rated 77 in the new madden (while culliver is like 74)! AHHHHHH!!!!

you named 2 examples...calm the f**k down.
why are some people going crazy because he made the team? he is a 5th corner. usually when 5th corners need to play due to injury, they get picked on. no matter who our 5th CB will be, they won't be very good against starters if they need to play. but he has experience and has done some good things, plus he is a good ST guy. i'm glad he made the team.
Hes our 5th CB....will barely see the field
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

You are the only one.....wanna know why? Because it was Carlos Rogers & Madieu Williams who were beat on that Miles Austin play. He's the 5th ranked CB on the team, what are you so butthurt about? Culliver plays in nickel and Cox comes in for dime situations. He's only going to play on Special Teams and provide at least marginal depth in case any of our other 4 CBs go down. And he's familiar with Fangio's system. I wouldn't want them cutting Brock, only to lose a CB to injury during the season, then have to bring in a FA that doesn't understand what we're striving to accomplish on D.
Good depth. Brock is young and has potential. Plus, he knows the defense. Keep him.
Keep Brock....Cut Barack
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:

You are the only one.....wanna know why? Because it was Carlos Rogers & Madieu Williams who were beat on that Miles Austin play. He's the 5th ranked CB on the team, what are you so butthurt about? Culliver plays in nickel and Cox comes in for dime situations. He's only going to play on Special Teams and provide at least marginal depth in case any of our other 4 CBs go down. And he's familiar with Fangio's system. I wouldn't want them cutting Brock, only to lose a CB to injury during the season, then have to bring in a FA that doesn't understand what we're striving to accomplish on D.

Thank you for the common sense... Brock is bottom of the barrel, these people that expect every player to be of probowl caliber drives me up the damn wall. Let him keep developing and see what he's got. With Perrish Cox on the team I dont think we'll have to worry about seeing Brock on the field too much

Name 1 corner who doesn't get beat. Every corner in the NFL gets beat. Brock isn't that bad. Damn he's the 5th corner on the team. You'd be hard pressed to fine a 5th corner on any team that is good.

It blows my mind how some people think.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

you named 2 examples...calm the f**k down.
the Miles Austin TD was on Mediau Williams btw.

he's partially right though. I think that TD that Manningham causght on him in the NFCCG was actually pretty big. It started the comeback. He pretty much got out manned(nonpun intended) and out played on that TD. I thought he would have been cut. Trade him to Detroit where he can be like a two or three and then sign an FA.
ohh and about the madden thing, that pissed me off too. Culliver is def better than Brock.
Its not that I think Brock is bad, its just, I get nervous when I see him in coverage, Im afraid that he's gonna be the one to get beat
[ Edited by martysofresh on Sep 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]
Brock might have been the guy who took Cartwright's spot on the team, not Dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone