LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Candlestick Parking Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the gates open at 1:20ish, will there be a line forming as early as 12pm? just wanted to figure out when i need to line up to pay for entrance.
Originally posted by djgtek:
If the gates open at 1:20ish, will there be a line forming as early as 12pm? just wanted to figure out when i need to line up to pay for entrance.

oh yeah there will be line..
  • Chico
  • Veteran
How do you buy parking passes in advance? I've been searching online and can't find anything
Originally posted by Chico:
How do you buy parking passes in advance? I've been searching online and can't find anything

They are already sold out to season ticket holders. So you would have to buy off one of them, and they are probably using them.

Anyone have experience buying them off scalpers?
if i get to the park by 11 and line up, is it probably too late to have a chance at paying myself into the lot? just trying to gauge when the lines get insanely long
Originally posted by 9erReign:

They are already sold out to season ticket holders. So you would have to buy off one of them, and they are probably using them.

They sell 'em for $50 and above around the area if you can find 'em.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

eBay or Craigslist. It's pretty late for that tho, you'd have to meet in person.
if i get to the park by 11 and line up, is it probably too late to have a chance at paying myself into the lot? just trying to gauge when the lines get insanely long

They won't let you form a line around that time...

There won't be much of a line at 11. The question is whether they'll be selling parking passes at all.
Hey, not to thread jack... But I have a parking pass, if I show up say 3ish am I guaranteed a spot In the main lot? Or can I get bumped out to the dirt? Thanks

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just FYI, the electric signs on 101 were saying the parking lot opens at 8:30. That's a 1/2 hour earlier than last year.

You serious? 830am for a 530pm game?
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Just FYI, the electric signs on 101 were saying the parking lot opens at 8:30. That's a 1/2 hour earlier than last year.

my bad... didnt read the time you posted this at... i got all nuts right now for tomorrow.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chadd925:
Hey, not to thread jack... But I have a parking pass, if I show up say 3ish am I guaranteed a spot In the main lot? Or can I get bumped out to the dirt? Thanks

You will be guaranteed a spot if you get there at 3. It likely will be a bad spot and you will have to drive through a sea of people tailgating that don't move out of the way too quickly. Likely will take you 45 minutes to get to a spot.

The thing that sux is that when people tailgate in parking spots. I tailgate, but right behind my car. The ones that tailgate in spots and screw others just trying to park, don't really seem to give a crap about other niner fans. Just themselves. Pet peeve. There's plenty of room behind the car.
how early do they usually let you start lining up? seems odd that they wouldn't let you start lining up at least an hour before gates open. i called the box office and they said you would be able to pay to get in at least at the beginning.
[ Edited by djgtek on Sep 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM ]
how early do they usually let you start lining up? seems odd that they wouldn't let you start lining up at least an hour before gates open. i called the box office and they said you would be able to pay to get in at least at the beginning.

Have you ever been there? Letting people line up would make traffic even more insane than it already is. They gotta keep that loop flowing or the freeway will backup like crazy.
Share 49ersWebzone