LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Candlestick Parking Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I tried asking this another thread, but it didn't get answered.

Before, if you showed up early to a game (right when the gates open), you can pay to get into the main lot WITHOUT a parking pass. Do they still do that? Or do I have to hunt craigslist/ebay beforehand to get a parking pass? I've also gotten lucky buying one from a scalper, but I'd rather be sure beforehand.

btw, this is for the home opener vs. the Lions.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Wish i could help. I'm just bought tickets to the Lions game too and want to know when they open gates for a Sunday night game. I showed up at 8am many times for the 1pm games before and ALWAYS paid the $30 for parking. I don't think i've ever seen any free parking there.
Originally posted by Chico:
Wish i could help. I'm just bought tickets to the Lions game too and want to know when they open gates for a Sunday night game. I showed up at 8am many times for the 1pm games before and ALWAYS paid the $30 for parking. I don't think i've ever seen any free parking there.

No I'm not looking for free parking. I want to do exactly what you did, pay the $30 to get into the main lot. In the past, by the time I got to the main lot, they were only letting people in with the prepaid parking passes. No option to pay to get in
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM ]
I paid $45 for off-site parking at the 49ers-Broncos PRESEASON GAME in Denver last weekend. 70,000 people in attendance for a preseason game. ridiculous.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I paid $45 for off-site parking at the 49ers-Broncos PRESEASON GAME in Denver last weekend. 70,000 people in attendance for a preseason game. ridiculous.

I paid 30 yesterday(chargers game) to park on the hill behind the stadium.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
I paid 30 yesterday(chargers game) to park on the hill behind the stadium.

wow. At least with the Broncos stadium, you're out of there and on the interstate in like 5 minutes.
So it looks like parking is going to be ridiculous now since everyone wants to go to the game now
AS FAR AS I KNOW, u can't do that anymore. The reason is cuz before, getting there at 8am meant there was no one there or no one in line to see the "transaction". But now when they open at 9 there's a huge line and gridlock so they have to stick with only passes in the main lot.....I could be wrong and someone might have a different story

Now we're talkin about the home opener, vs Detroit on National TV? If I were you, I'd buy it before hand just to be safe
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
AS FAR AS I KNOW, u can't do that anymore. The reason is cuz before, getting there at 8am meant there was no one there or no one in line to see the "transaction". But now when they open at 9 there's a huge line and gridlock so they have to stick with only passes in the main lot.....I could be wrong and someone might have a different story

Now we're talkin about the home opener, vs Detroit on National TV? If I were you, I'd buy it before hand just to be safe

yeah I already have a pass, but there's 25+ of us and we need at least 3-4 more passes
Originally posted by FourNine49:
So it looks like parking is going to be ridiculous now since everyone wants to go to the game now

Parking will be no more ridiculous than ever....and everyone wanting to go to the game now wont change things much either. The parking lot is always packed.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I did not have a parking pass but was able to park in the main lot for yesterday's game by going to the second gate. Paid 30 bucks and i was in. The first gate was for people with parking passes only.
[ Edited by luv49rs on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Parking will be no more ridiculous than ever....and everyone wanting to go to the game now wont change things much either. The parking lot is always packed.

Sorry, I meant ridiculous in that people can no longer go early and pay at the gate. I know the parking lots are always full, I was hoping that if you get there early enough, you can pay at the gate without a parking pass
Originally posted by luv49rs:
I was able to park in the main lot for yesterday's game by going to the second gate. Paid 30 bucks and i was in. The first gate was for people with parking passes only.

How early did you get there?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I was able to park in the main lot for yesterday's game by going to the second gate. Paid 30 bucks and i was in. The first gate was for people with parking passes only.

How early did you get there?

I was there around 4:30 I think
I was there around 4:30 I think

Well that's good news. I'm hoping for the same luck during the regular season though
Share 49ersWebzone