LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Cartwright gone...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"In a move that suggests running back Anthony Dixon will remain on the 53-man roster, the 49ers have evidently released 10-year veteran Rock Cartwright.

Wrote Cartwright, via Twitter: 'Wanna thank the 49ers for the opportunity.'"

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/31/good-news-for-dixon-cartwright-tweets-farewell/

NO WAY
To everyone who told me no way in hell Dixon makes it over Roc, time to eat crow
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
To everyone who told me no way in hell Dixon makes it over Roc, time to eat crow

I think everyone said that after the first preseason game, funny how things change.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
I wanted Dixon sent packing this offseason but I'm happy he's stepped his game up. You could see since he was a rookie he has a great combination of size and foot quickness. The last couple games he's showed some more decisiveness and power as well, combined with a 180 degree change in attitude. I can tell now how much this cat wants to play. He wants to win and he wants to be great.

Mmmmmmm...nothing like eating crow when it's your own players proving you wrong. Good thing I havent eaten breakfast yet!
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Never thought it would happen. I was wrong. Dix out-worked and fought to win - Congratulations!

I hope he keeps improving and reaches the level of Jacobs battering ram style.
Looks like Titty Dixon stays
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

• DVDA
  • Veteran
He's a good player but the 49ers backfield was just too crowded. There is a lot of crow to go around in this thread, I hope all the Cartwright fans are hungry.
still think we have too many guys at RB

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Dixon

and Miller
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Dixon

and Miller
dixon needs to gtfo
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Dixon

and Miller
dixon needs to gtfo

would be great if we could trade him for a 5th
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Even more so those who favored Cartwright over Kyle Williams.
Share 49ersWebzone