There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Debunking the "tough" schedule

giants are overrated they got lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
giants are overrated they got lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. They got lucky that Eli didn't want to play for the Chargers.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Saints, Pats, Lions, Packers, Giants... yeah that's a bit tougher bro-ham. That's 5 playoff teams, all top-10 in the league.

Bears & Seahawks at Century Link aren't a walk in the park either.

Compare that to Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, & Steelers... I'll take last year's schedule in a heartbeat.

you wouldn't have said that at the start of last season. Everyone thought the schedule was too tough and look how the 49ers did. Every year is different and teams change. Everyone was all on the jock of the Eagles and the NFC east and that division bombed.

Yes, I would have. Saints, Pats, & Packers are top-5 teams.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Saints, Pats, Lions, Packers, Giants... yeah that's a bit tougher bro-ham. That's 5 playoff teams, all top-10 in the league.

Bears & Seahawks at Century Link aren't a walk in the park either.

Compare that to Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Ravens, & Steelers... I'll take last year's schedule in a heartbeat.

We did the Lions and Giants last year so really the difference is

Saints Pats Packers

Eagles Ravens Steelers

All three of the bottom teams were expected to be tough championship caliber teams to start the season and we won 2 of 3.

I personally love that we are playing all these elite QB's. If we can beat them, and really learn from the ones we lose to, this team could be forged into a powerhouse football team come playoffs. By playing the best we will be that much stronger.

The difference is that it is tougher.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Not like Rivers is a terrible downgrade
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:

WTF happened to him last season, though? s**tty year for him.

I don't think the Giants win two SBs with Rivers instead of Manning. Who knows for sure, though.

I don't think the Giants win two SBs with Rivers instead of Manning. Who knows for sure, though.

You are probably right like you said though who knows for sure. Last year was bad for him but Eli has had his share of s**t years too.

A more interesting question is if Eli stayed in San Diego would the Chargers have won two superbowls? I could see the Giants winning one with Rivers. Like you said again who knows.

He fumbled a snap and ended his season.....remember the camera caught him saying "worst day ever" hahaha I love being the best team in Cali!!!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
He fumbled a snap and ended his season.....remember the camera caught him saying "worst day ever" hahaha I love being the best team in Cali!!!!!

I do remember that, lulz. Good times!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
You are probably right like you said though who knows for sure. Last year was bad for him but Eli has had his share of s**t years too.

A more interesting question is if Eli stayed in San Diego would the Chargers have won two superbowls? I could see the Giants winning one with Rivers. Like you said again who knows.

Yeah, silly to debate it. Too many damn variables.

Giants are still lucky. f**kers.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I really don't see what point you're trying to make here. Why would it matter if we knew most of our schedule before hand? The only thing that matters is whether or not the 2012 schedule looks tougher than the 2011 schedule (and it does).

....and that part I can agree with you. The schedule does look tougher than last year. Not saying its gonna be easy either. What I am saying is that all the talking heads are proclaiming that our schedule is going to be oh so tough because it's a 1st place schedule. THAT is what I think is outright BS

Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Az
Seattle
Stl

will be playing the same schedule except for 2 GAMES.

This
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
....and that part I can agree with you. The schedule does look tougher than last year. Not saying its gonna be easy either. What I am saying is that all the talking heads are proclaiming that our schedule is going to be oh so tough because it's a 1st place schedule. THAT is what I think is outright BS

Gotcha.