LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Help us, Hurt us or doesn't matter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm pretty sure you all heard the news about the replacement officials now definitely working the week 1 games. So I want to know how you guys feel about that interfering with our Niners. Will it help us hurt us or not matter? I feel since we do so much shifting and motions we are going to get screwed over more than most; I already feel the east coast biased don't want us succeeding and this will make it worse. Do you think Harbaugh will tone down the shifts or change his approach? Or "let it roll" as usual. We're already going to be limited with so many new offensive players being in the offense first yr and Manningham missing because of a death and now this. I just pray Harbaugh doesn't go jimmy raye vanilla week 1. I wanted to throw so much at Green Bay they look stupid!
I think the officials would be less likely to call an illegal motion if they are less knowledgeable about the rules, they wouldn't want to look stupid and call a penalty when there isn't one.
I noticed that in the last game against the Broncos, Harbaugh got real cute with the shifts and shifted about 3 times, all the broncos players were yelling and pointing looking for a call. The refs looked at each other and did nothing lol
I don't care if the replacements would help us, I want the real guys back.

I don't remember which game it was, but the refs called offsetting penalties on a play (like offensive holding vs personal foul on the defense). All they had to do is replay the down. Instead, they marked off one penalty, realized they eff'd up and then had to go to the replay booth to figure out where original line of scrimmage was. It was like watching the three stooges.

I don't want to see that sh*t during the season. Stupid delays like that can totally change the momentum of the game.
Originally posted by BigTrez:
I noticed that in the last game against the Broncos, Harbaugh got real cute with the shifts and shifted about 3 times, all the broncos players were yelling and pointing looking for a call. The refs looked at each other and did nothing lol

This.

Originally posted by Overkill:
I don't care if the replacements would help us, I want the real guys back.

I don't remember which game it was, but the refs called offsetting penalties on a play (like offensive holding vs personal foul on the defense). All they had to do is replay the down. Instead, they marked off one penalty, realized they eff'd up and then had to go to the replay booth to figure out where original line of scrimmage was. It was like watching the three stooges.

I don't want to see that sh*t during the season. Stupid delays like that can totally change the momentum of the game.

Yet also, this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It's gonna hurt us because JH has already gone on record saying the officiating has given him a headache. If its a close call we probably won't get the call because Harbaugh comes off abrasive.
Here is what I don't like... the replacement officials are TERRIBLE at blowing a play dead early-ish, often in regards to forward progress.

Why is this a bad thing? When a QB is wrapped up by three guys, and there is absolutely no way he is going anywhere, the official needs to blow the whistle.

This happened to Alex against Houston and they let Alex fall to the ground in a giant, forceful heap with all three dudes crashing on-top of him. The play should have been blown dead when it was obvious it was over.

I've seen this happen in at least two more preseason games this August. Running backs will be wrapped up, and then it takes three more seconds for the defense to wrestle them awkwardly to the ground. There is a hesitancy there that is going to get someone hurt.
It's the obvious calls they are missing. Can you imagine how horribly they will miss close subtle calls?

It's going to hurt everybody not just our team. Maybe Harbaugh yelling at them and scaring them like he sometimes does will get them to make calls that favor us though...and too scared to risk a bad call against him. lmao
Helps no one.........hurts everyone.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I was at the Denver game and the referees ruined the pace of the game by being clueless about so many rules. They ruined the pace of the game on top of making a ton of bad calls for both teams. I really hope the NFL will give the real referees what they deserve because they are 100 times better than the replacements.

thread title + grammar officials =

• THEB
  • Veteran
it will hurt us because the exotic shifts we do that sometimes regular officials cant even understand.
  • mod
  • Veteran
funny because we were all b***hing and moaning about the referees last year and the year before... they all seem clueless to me
Like I stated previously, we go 19-0 with scab refs
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Here is what I don't like... the replacement officials are TERRIBLE at blowing a play dead early-ish, often in regards to forward progress.

Why is this a bad thing? When a QB is wrapped up by three guys, and there is absolutely no way he is going anywhere, the official needs to blow the whistle.

This happened to Alex against Houston and they let Alex fall to the ground in a giant, forceful heap with all three dudes crashing on-top of him. The play should have been blown dead when it was obvious it was over.

I've seen this happen in at least two more preseason games this August. Running backs will be wrapped up, and then it takes three more seconds for the defense to wrestle them awkwardly to the ground. There is a hesitancy there that is going to get someone hurt.

They probably still remember the NFC Championship game of last year when the refs blew the whistle TOO EARLY.
Share 49ersWebzone