There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers have signed DT Matthew Masifilo to a two-year contract

49ers sign Masifilo and cut Beeler

Interesting, the timing here doesn't really make much sense. Unless they feel he's better than Ian Williams.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They probably are covering themselves if Dobbs injury is going to be nagging. I think they fell they're better at C with Kilger as the primary backup C.
Originally posted by mayo49:
They probably are covering themselves if Dobbs injury is going to be nagging. I think they fell they're better at C with Kilger as the primary backup C.

That makes sense, I was hoping Dobbs' injury wasn't serious
Just need someone to take the reps thurs, released Friday.
Makes some sense, Beeler wasn't #2 Center, I think the depth chart is like this sorta

C- Goodwin, Kilgore
LG- Iupati, Looney
RG- Boone, L.Davis, Hall
RT- A.Davis, Wiggins
LT- Staley, Person, Netter

and DL will be this

DE/DT- Justin, McDonald, Tukuafu, Jerod-Eddie, Masifilo
NT- Sopoaga, RJF, Williams

I expect the starters to play maybe 1 series at most to keep fresh for opener.
DYNASTY
  • rserda
  • Veteran
wait, Dobbs is injured? Wtf when did that happen?
Originally posted by rserda:

Link
DL/TE Demarcus Dobbs: It's uncertain how long Dobbs will be out of action with a left lower leg injury. He is on crutches. That is a major blow to the 49ers' plan for the regular season. After all, Dobbs was splitting time as a backup defensive lineman and as the No. 3 tight end. In essence, if he's healthy, Dobbs allows the 49ers to activate another player because of his ability to serve roles on defense and offense.
LOL, Sounds like they got the names wrong on the first round of cuts. I can just see it today...

H-Baugh. Hey wait a minute. Massifilo, get over here. I thought we cut you.

Beeler: Umm, are you taking to me coach.

H-Baugh:

Beeler: Coach, you alright.

H-Baugh: Step into my office son...
Never heard of him.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
LOL, Sounds like they got the names wrong on the first round of cuts. I can just see it today...

H-Baugh. Hey wait a minute. Massifilo, get over here. I thought we cut you.

Beeler: Umm, are you taking to me coach.

H-Baugh:

Beeler: Coach, you alright.

H-Baugh: Step into my office son...

sounds about right
Never heard of this Massfellatio guy...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Never heard of this Massfellatio guy...

I see what you did there,
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Link
Quote:

DL/TE Demarcus Dobbs: It's uncertain how long Dobbs will be out of action with a left lower leg injury. He is on crutches. That is a major blow to the 49ers' plan for the regular season. After all, Dobbs was splitting time as a backup defensive lineman and as the No. 3 tight end. In essence, if he's healthy, Dobbs allows the 49ers to activate another player because of his ability to serve roles on defense and offense.
That really didn't answer his question, when did it happen? I don't remember hearing about it during the game.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Link
Quote:

That really didn't answer his question, when did it happen? I don't remember hearing about it during the game.
It's been mentioned by beat reporters during the week that Dobbs has been on crutches. The team hasn't made any statement about it (until this move).