There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Yo, I didnt wanna make a whole new thread for this, so Ill just post it in here:

I was on the Packers website to see if there are any pictures of Aaron Rodgers wearing Alex Smiths jersey yet, and I stumbled upon this cool analysis/Q&A article.

Its written by Packers analyst Vic Ketchman, and it really reflects how our balanced and physical style of football has the capacity to punch all of these "pass first" teams in the mouth.

Its a really good read and it makes me proud to be a 49er fan right now.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/This-one-isnt-difficult-to-analyze/976259f5-156c-4657-b890-c6ca3c9579fa

Skimmed through the answers, pretty good reading, thanks for sharing.
Yo, I didnt wanna make a whole new thread for this, so Ill just post it in here:

I was on the Packers website to see if there are any pictures of Aaron Rodgers wearing Alex Smiths jersey yet, and I stumbled upon this cool analysis/Q&A article.

Its written by Packers analyst Vic Ketchman, and it really reflects how our balanced and physical style of football has the capacity to punch all of these "pass first" teams in the mouth.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/This-one-isnt-difficult-to-analyze/976259f5-156c-4657-b890-c6ca3c9579fa

Nice find.. I like this quote...

It's true when you play the 49ers. They make you at least stop the run. The Packers didn't, and that allowed the 49ers to show run and then pass, and then show pass and then run. You can do so much more by formation when you're able to run the ball. The 49ers make you play an antiquated game. It's like playing Navy; your linemen aren't accustomed to playing against the wishbone and all of those cut blocks. This is a rush-the-passer league, but the 49ers make you hold the point. They're wonderfully different.

Originally posted by verb1der:

Nice find.. I like this quote...

It's true when you play the 49ers. They make you at least stop the run. The Packers didn't, and that allowed the 49ers to show run and then pass, and then show pass and then run. You can do so much more by formation when you're able to run the ball. The 49ers make you play an antiquated game. It's like playing Navy; your linemen aren't accustomed to playing against the wishbone and all of those cut blocks. This is a rush-the-passer league, but the 49ers make you hold the point. They're wonderfully different.

And this...

If you're speaking about the overall lack of a running game, I think it has everything to do with commitment and continuity. This is not a run-the-ball team; it is not committed to the running game.

Our defense tend to do that to a lot of teams. Commitment does not equal to success with the Niners defense. Like running into a freak'n wall. At some point you just have to stop killing yourself. Love it
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]
No significant injuries right?
Why was Tolzien not in uniform ? Isnt the the number 3 QB usually dressed
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
No significant injuries right?

Shattered nose, not even significant.

lol any average person would be rushing to the hospital if this happened to them
Why no one even go up to him to help him with the bleeding. We was the medical staff. ...
They did come over. these were probably taken just before they got there.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Why no one even go up to him to help him with the bleeding. We was the medical staff. ...

because he kept getting punked by Mathews.
"We move on with humble hearts." -JH

/thread
Originally posted by susweel:

this nose injury happened on the first play of the game. He played 1 on 1 with Matthews all game long with a broken nose. im actually impressed with how well he handled Matthews, all things considered (like not being able to breathe properly).
Originally posted by THEB:

this nose injury happened on the first play of the game. He played 1 on 1 with Matthews all game long with a broken nose. im actually impressed with how well he handled Matthews, all things considered (like not being able to breathe properly).

I heard it wasn't broken and it was just a cut.
Even so, his nose was swollen closed, meaning his breathing rythem was off all day. Probably had a major sinus headache as well. Along with his eyes watering like crazy.

I heard it wasn't broken and it was just a cut.

The word from one of the article was 'shattered' he had to breath through his mouth the whole game.
Even so, his nose was swollen closed, meaning his breathing rythem was off all day. Probably had a major sinus headache as well. Along with his eyes watering like crazy.

Staley is no longer the sexiest lineman in football.