LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
So has the media even mentioned the poor refing from yesterday (bad for GB too) but our bad calls lead directly to 2 TD's. I would imagine if it was reversed, the media would be all over the refs being a factor in us almost coming back d/t poor officiating.

it was so bad, not just in our game but every game this weekend, that I'm sure the NFL is itching to get a deal worked out. The real refs just gained a ton of bargaining leverage.
Originally posted by susweel:
Man didnt that win feel great yesterday, damn its been so long since we beat those cock sucker packers in green bay.

I was 3 years old last time we beat them in Lame-bo
Man didnt that win feel great yesterday, damn its been so long since we beat those cock sucker packers in green bay.

Seriously. The last time we beat them was 1990 in Green Bay, leave it to Harbaugh to break a 22 year old losing streak.

Agreed!
anyone have a gif of harbaugh teeth clenched? pm me PLEASE
Originally posted by NCommand:
I reminded everyone to watch these two things in order for us to win:
1) Gains on first down had to be 4+ yards - the only time our drives stalled last night was when this didn't happen (we were TREMENDOUS on first down esp, with the pass). Alex probably only had 1or 2 incomplete passes all game long to couple with fantastic balance of running n the 2nd half and wearing their DL down
2) Pass protection straight up with 5 OL WITHOUT having to use max/jumbo packages to ensure we have the most receiving options on the field. Staley got abused 1on1 and we were very lucky Alex didn't fumble a couple of those hits/sacks BUT, the rest of the OL held up and you could SEE all the receiving options we had (and took advantage of). I haven't pulled out the stop watch but it seemed like Alex had at least 3 seconds on most passing plays.

Absolutely, a team win. Monster props...

I liked reading your post, very insightful and informative.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I was 3 years old last time we beat them in Lame-bo

I remember that game Jerry RIce took one to the house.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Seriously. The last time we beat them was 1990 in Green Bay, leave it to Harbaugh to break a 22 year old losing streak.

yah man this coaching staff is on point
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Did anyone see when Aldon did the discount double check?

I saw that as well, really funny. I like the attitude of Aldon, not scared of Rodgers at all.
Originally posted by BayArea:

He's making a trend in breaking horrible streaks for us, I remember last year after winning at Lincoln Financial, it had been like almost 9-10 years since getting a win in Philly.
Yo, I didnt wanna make a whole new thread for this, so Ill just post it in here:

I was on the Packers website to see if there are any pictures of Aaron Rodgers wearing Alex Smiths jersey yet, and I stumbled upon this cool analysis/Q&A article.

Its written by Packers analyst Vic Ketchman, and it really reflects how our balanced and physical style of football has the capacity to punch all of these "pass first" teams in the mouth.

Its a really good read and it makes me proud to be a 49er fan right now.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/This-one-isnt-difficult-to-analyze/976259f5-156c-4657-b890-c6ca3c9579fa

Soooo happened to the Packers yesterday
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Yo, I didnt wanna make a whole new thread for this, so Ill just post it in here:

I was on the Packers website to see if there are any pictures of Aaron Rodgers wearing Alex Smiths jersey yet, and I stumbled upon this cool analysis/Q&A article.

Its written by Packers analyst Vic Ketchman, and it really reflects how our balanced and physical style of football has the capacity to punch all of these "pass first" teams in the mouth.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/This-one-isnt-difficult-to-analyze/976259f5-156c-4657-b890-c6ca3c9579fa

Skimmed through the answers, pretty good reading, thanks for sharing.

Nice find.. I like this quote...

It's true when you play the 49ers. They make you at least stop the run. The Packers didn't, and that allowed the 49ers to show run and then pass, and then show pass and then run. You can do so much more by formation when you're able to run the ball. The 49ers make you play an antiquated game. It's like playing Navy; your linemen aren't accustomed to playing against the wishbone and all of those cut blocks. This is a rush-the-passer league, but the 49ers make you hold the point. They're wonderfully different.

Originally posted by verb1der:

Nice find.. I like this quote...

It's true when you play the 49ers. They make you at least stop the run. The Packers didn't, and that allowed the 49ers to show run and then pass, and then show pass and then run. You can do so much more by formation when you're able to run the ball. The 49ers make you play an antiquated game. It's like playing Navy; your linemen aren't accustomed to playing against the wishbone and all of those cut blocks. This is a rush-the-passer league, but the 49ers make you hold the point. They're wonderfully different.

And this...

If you're speaking about the overall lack of a running game, I think it has everything to do with commitment and continuity. This is not a run-the-ball team; it is not committed to the running game.

Our defense tend to do that to a lot of teams. Commitment does not equal to success with the Niners defense. Like running into a freak'n wall. At some point you just have to stop killing yourself. Love it
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]
  • Jiks
No significant injuries right?
Share 49ersWebzone