LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by awol36:
When kick off finally comes. Im gonna be like..

Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by BayArea:
This offseason has got us going crazy. Some of the most random inane posts we come up with.

When kick off finally comes. Im gonna be like..

Are you the black lady? You might want to make sure that an angry drunk white guy isnt dancing behind them.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I know it's only Week 1 but this game feels like it's going to have a playoff-like atmosphere once they start singing the national anthem.

I know I can't wait til Sunday, will be there live and enjoying it!
So Excited!!!!!

• Jiks
Is it true we haven't won at Lambeau since 1990?!

Im pretty sure it is come to think of it. I can't even think of the last time we even won there.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I guess you missed the Saints playoff game in the divisional round, understandable since you probably were still stunned by the ass whooping the Giants were putting on your elite QB. By the way, it will not be Smith vs. Rodgers, it will be Smith vs. the 31st ranked defense from last year and Rodgers against the best D in the league last year.

Packer fan here, just curious where you get those rankings from. If you rank defenses by points you get the 9ers having the 2nd best D last year and the packers with the 19th (several stars were benched in that thriller of a last reg season game last year so the rankings arent perfect). If you use yards you get 9ers 4th and the Packers 32nd.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
the reason NYG kicked their @$$ is because they had pressure on Rodgers all game long. we really dont blitz all that often

It was the dropped passes. It was terrible. I believe no team dropped more passes in a game last season that the Packers did in that game.

I wouldnt blitz Rodgers if I was the 9ers, I would let the Dline go to work and have someone "spy" Rodgers as he will burn you for a first down if he starts scrambling with room to run. I expect the Packers to try and spread out the D with large WR sets. You will see Finley split wide and expect to see Cobb more involved with the offense this year. Driver is a liability for the Packers and doesnt require much attention. An avg linebacker can cover him at his age.

No reason why these teams cant meet in the post season.
If I'm not mistaken, Packers and Niners were tied for most takeaways last season. Packers D is no joke, can't always break everything down with numbers. Packers offense forces you to pass to stay in stride, unless you have an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and runs the clock. Harbaugh might know something? We shall see. Comes down to the players in the end usually.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ivo610:
the reason NYG kicked their @$$ is because they had pressure on Rodgers all game long. we really dont blitz all that often

It was the dropped passes. It was terrible. I believe no team dropped more passes in a game last season that the Packers did in that game.

I wouldnt blitz Rodgers if I was the 9ers, I would let the Dline go to work and have someone "spy" Rodgers as he will burn you for a first down if he starts scrambling with room to run. I expect the Packers to try and spread out the D with large WR sets. You will see Finley split wide and expect to see Cobb more involved with the offense this year. Driver is a liability for the Packers and doesnt require much attention. An avg linebacker can cover him at his age.

Agree that we have to get pressure with our front line or we are in serious trouble. Hopefully Aldon and or Justin Smith can get to him early and get him off his game.
Originally posted by mkeniner:
-Packers fans make sure to stress that the defense gave up yards because they were playing with a lead but then in the same breath mention the turnovers as if playing with a lead didn't impact those. The reason the Packers got so many turnovers was precisely because they were playing with a lead so much - teams pressed, took risks, passed the ball more and did more reckless things in an attempt to score points. Can't have it both ways - either the defense owns the yards and turnovers or it owns neither.
-LOL on counting on a bunch of rookies to make a noteworthy difference in the first game of the season. Good luck with that.
-LOL at comparing DJ Smith, a backup linebacker forced to start, to Sam Mills. He was a backup for a reason.

-No question the Packers offense is fantastic, and nobody here has questioned that for one second. With that said, the Packers offense feasted on lousy defenses throughout 2011. They played 9 (Denver Minnesota St. Louis Detroit New Orleans NY Giants Carolina Oakland Tampa Bay) of the 13 worst defenses in yards per game, and one of those 13 teams was the Packers. Meanwhile, they did not play a single top 10 defense in yards/game. Not ONE.
-If you look at points/game instead, the trend is similar. The Packers played 9 of the bottom 11 defenses in points/game. They didn't play a single defense ranked in the top 10 in points/game. Again, not ONE.
-Granted, the fact that the Packers played these teams will skew their defensive stats a tiny bit (1/16 worth, or 1/8 for divisional opponents), but the trend is extreme and would be there just the same if you took out games against the Packers and recalculated these stats.

-The two best defenses (in yards/game) the Packers played were Kansas City (#11) and Atlanta (#12). They went 1-1 in those game, and averaged 19.5 points.
-The 49ers were 4th in yards/game and 2nd in points/game. They're better than the Giants were in the playoffs last season, and the Giants limited the Packers to 20 points despite several calls that went GB's way and ended up having scoring implications.
-The Packers have not played a defense like the 49ers since at least 2010. You don't have the perspective to realize the impact that good defense can have on an offense. After Sunday, you will have that perspective.

-The 49ers have a nasty D-Line, you saying otherwise is indicative of your knowledge level. If you're going to troll the opponent's forum, you really ought to bring it in terms of having an idea of what the heck you're talking about.
-IMO the Saints by playoffs time were a better team than the Packers. Better pass protection, better (slightly) defense, much better TE and RBs, who are the ones who made nearly all the big plays in that playoff game. Meanwhile, the Packers lost at home by 17 (despite favorable refereeing, as discussed) to a team that the 49ers took to overtime. Meh. 2012 is not 2011 at the end of the day, but for reasons described, your arguments blow.
-Comparing the 2006 Bears to the 2011 49ers is apt IMO. I think you're right about that. Will 2012 Alex Smith + plus 2012 49ers WRs be better than Rex Grossman and whoever the heck he was throwing to? I sure hope so and think so, but it has yet to be seen.
-The Packers gave up over 20 points 9 times in 2011 (10 if you include the playoffs). They scored 42 or more points six times (all to defense ranked at or below average in yards/game). The 49ers gave up 27 or more points three times in 2011. They scored 20 or more points 11 times, against many defenses better than the Packers. Based on last season, your prediction is objectively ridiculous.

This will be a close game that will hinge on turnovers and on Alex Smith's ability (or lack thereof) to exploit a bad defense, convert 3rd downs, and score touchdowns in the red zone. I think it's a pretty even matchup, and might be the best matchup in the NFL this season.

Enjoy the game!

Bravo.
Gore and Hunter will both rush for 100 yards. BOOK IT.

Originally posted by cortana49:
-Packers fans make sure to stress that the defense gave up yards because they were playing with a lead but then in the same breath mention the turnovers as if playing with a lead didn't impact those. The reason the Packers got so many turnovers was precisely because they were playing with a lead so much - teams pressed, took risks, passed the ball more and did more reckless things in an attempt to score points. Can't have it both ways - either the defense owns the yards and turnovers or it owns neither.
-LOL on counting on a bunch of rookies to make a noteworthy difference in the first game of the season. Good luck with that.
-LOL at comparing DJ Smith, a backup linebacker forced to start, to Sam Mills. He was a backup for a reason.

-No question the Packers offense is fantastic, and nobody here has questioned that for one second. With that said, the Packers offense feasted on lousy defenses throughout 2011. They played 9 (Denver Minnesota St. Louis Detroit New Orleans NY Giants Carolina Oakland Tampa Bay) of the 13 worst defenses in yards per game, and one of those 13 teams was the Packers. Meanwhile, they did not play a single top 10 defense in yards/game. Not ONE.
-If you look at points/game instead, the trend is similar. The Packers played 9 of the bottom 11 defenses in points/game. They didn't play a single defense ranked in the top 10 in points/game. Again, not ONE.
-Granted, the fact that the Packers played these teams will skew their defensive stats a tiny bit (1/16 worth, or 1/8 for divisional opponents), but the trend is extreme and would be there just the same if you took out games against the Packers and recalculated these stats.

-The two best defenses (in yards/game) the Packers played were Kansas City (#11) and Atlanta (#12). They went 1-1 in those game, and averaged 19.5 points.
-The 49ers were 4th in yards/game and 2nd in points/game. They're better than the Giants were in the playoffs last season, and the Giants limited the Packers to 20 points despite several calls that went GB's way and ended up having scoring implications.
-The Packers have not played a defense like the 49ers since at least 2010. You don't have the perspective to realize the impact that good defense can have on an offense. After Sunday, you will have that perspective.

-The 49ers have a nasty D-Line, you saying otherwise is indicative of your knowledge level. If you're going to troll the opponent's forum, you really ought to bring it in terms of having an idea of what the heck you're talking about.
-IMO the Saints by playoffs time were a better team than the Packers. Better pass protection, better (slightly) defense, much better TE and RBs, who are the ones who made nearly all the big plays in that playoff game. Meanwhile, the Packers lost at home by 17 (despite favorable refereeing, as discussed) to a team that the 49ers took to overtime. Meh. 2012 is not 2011 at the end of the day, but for reasons described, your arguments blow.
-Comparing the 2006 Bears to the 2011 49ers is apt IMO. I think you're right about that. Will 2012 Alex Smith + plus 2012 49ers WRs be better than Rex Grossman and whoever the heck he was throwing to? I sure hope so and think so, but it has yet to be seen.
-The Packers gave up over 20 points 9 times in 2011 (10 if you include the playoffs). They scored 42 or more points six times (all to defense ranked at or below average in yards/game). The 49ers gave up 27 or more points three times in 2011. They scored 20 or more points 11 times, against many defenses better than the Packers. Based on last season, your prediction is objectively ridiculous.

This will be a close game that will hinge on turnovers and on Alex Smith's ability (or lack thereof) to exploit a bad defense, convert 3rd downs, and score touchdowns in the red zone. I think it's a pretty even matchup, and might be the best matchup in the NFL this season.

Enjoy the game!

Bravo.

Ya that post definitely broke it down. Good job.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Gore and Hunter will both rush for 100 yards. BOOK IT.

Aye Aye!!!!
winning to the packers and lions is going to scare the NFL
Originally posted by ivo610:

i agree with this. Rodgers can f**king run
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by cortana49:

Enjoy the game!

Bravo.

Ya that post definitely broke it down. Good job.

Now I'm so hyped I can't sleep, and it's only tuesday.
Share 49ersWebzone