LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ERRRRRRRBODY chill out!!!!!! We winnin dis by atleast 10......GO NIINERS!!!!!!!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I agree. Could be fun and effective to force GB into vastly different looks from series to series.

I kind of doubt if the 49ers can surprise McCarthy seeing how he expects it Here's what he said today during a question and answer period:

Q. What do you mean by "unscouted looks"?

McCarthy: An unscouted look is when your opponent does something that you haven't seen in film study or something they haven't done in the past. It's very common early in the season. Every team evaluates their scheme in the offseason and adapts or creates new schemes to build off of what they accomplished the previous year. Teams will develop new plays and different techniques while utilizing new players they've acquired. I would estimate that 20 to 30 percent of the first game will contain unscouted looks.

Q. Do you get more "unscouted looks" in a season opener than you would for another game?

McCarthy: Absolutely. Unscouted looks have their biggest impact during the first three weeks of the season.
Originally posted by Dethcheez:
I agree. Could be fun and effective to force GB into vastly different looks from series to series.

I kind of doubt if the 49ers can surprise McCarthy seeing how he expects it Here's what he said today during a question and answer period:

McCarthy: An unscouted look is when your opponent does something that you haven't seen in film study or something they haven't done in the past. It's very common early in the season. Every team evaluates their scheme in the offseason and adapts or creates new schemes to build off of what they accomplished the previous year. Teams will develop new plays and different techniques while utilizing new players they've acquired. I would estimate that 20 to 30 percent of the first game will contain unscouted looks.

Q. Do you get more "unscouted looks" in a season opener than you would for another game?

McCarthy: Absolutely. Unscouted looks have their biggest impact during the first three weeks of the season.

Basically he's saying he has absolutely no clue of what the 49ers are going to do, lol
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]

Im tracking on him understanding they are coming, but it doesnt mean the team is prepared for them. Thats the difference, and it goes both ways.
Whats up Zoners. I live in Packer country - Milwaukee, WI. Been a niner fan since i was about 7 or 8, or around 1990. Im going to the game Sunday at the 49er Cemetary, aka, Lambeau. I think its been 8 straight losses at Lambeau, and 1-13 vs GB in general? This is the best chance we've had to beat them in a very long time.

The 49ers need to hit Rodgers constantly. Pretty obvious statement, but the most important. If he sits in the pocket, he will dice us up because you cannot cover their receivers for too long. Its not that our secondary isnt good, it's just hard to keep on them for an extended period of time. The second thing SF has to do is defend the quick slant. I cannot put a number on how many times you can see it coming before it happens.

Id love to see the shotgun/spread/2 minute vs GB. I thought for sure Harb would mix some in now that we have some capable, healthy WR. It would shock GB, and with their porous defense, it would be a tremendous advantage. However, I see them slowing the game down and taking shots when needed circa 2011. Anyways, those are my two cents. Go Niners.
Originally posted by southpaw854:
Whats up Zoners. I live in Packer country - Milwaukee, WI. Been a niner fan since i was about 7 or 8, or around 1990. Im going to the game Sunday at the 49er Cemetary, aka, Lambeau. I think its been 8 straight losses at Lambeau, and 1-13 vs GB in general? This is the best chance we've had to beat them in a very long time.

The 49ers need to hit Rodgers constantly. Pretty obvious statement, but the most important. If he sits in the pocket, he will dice us up because you cannot cover their receivers for too long. Its not that our secondary isnt good, it's just hard to keep on them for an extended period of time. The second thing SF has to do is defend the quick slant. I cannot put a number on how many times you can see it coming before it happens.

Id love to see the shotgun/spread/2 minute vs GB. I thought for sure Harb would mix some in now that we have some capable, healthy WR. It would shock GB, and with their porous defense, it would be a tremendous advantage. However, I see them slowing the game down and taking shots when needed circa 2011. Anyways, those are my two cents. Go Niners.

Welcome! and have fun at the game! Go Niners!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Im tracking on him understanding they are coming, but it doesnt mean the team is prepared for them. Thats the difference, and it goes both ways.

One thing you can always depend on. Teams don't go away from what they do best from the previous year. They will try to run the ball but, certainly will pass to setup their running game early. Because that's what they do best -- throw the ball. Just like they know Harbaugh will run the ball. Just what run formations exactly --they would not know for sure. Halftime adjustment from both team is critical. And always look for and expect those money plays from them from last year. You know it's coming sooner or later.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

have fun and represent the niner nation

Have fun dude. Go niners!
Are you kidding me?!?! It's only Tuesday. The wait is killing me.

KILL THE HEAD AND THE BODY WILL DIE!!!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I would
This offseason has got us going crazy. Some of the most random inane posts we come up with.
Originally posted by BayArea:
This offseason has got us going crazy. Some of the most random inane posts we come up with.

When kick off finally comes. Im gonna be like..

Originally posted by awol36:
When kick off finally comes. Im gonna be like..

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone