There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Originally posted by verb1der:
I know it's only Week 1 but this game feels like it's going to have a playoff-like atmosphere once they start singing the national anthem.

this whole season i think is going to have the feel
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I know it's only Week 1 but this game feels like it's going to have a playoff-like atmosphere once they start singing the national anthem.

this whole season i think is going to have the feel

Yes, except for when we play the Rams. That will have a bye-week feel!
the reason NYG kicked their @$$ is because they had pressure on Rodgers all game long. we really dont blitz all that often
Just read that the Pack used 2 days of training camp to prepare for the Niners. I'm not sure if this is normal but they are definitely not overlooking them.

McCarthy added that the Packers spent two days in training camp preparing for the 49ers. When injuries hit the tight end group, outside linebackers were even wearing the No. 85 pinnie, playing the role of tight end Vernon Davis.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/168522526.html
Kevin Lynch on knbr today said dont be shocked if we see the niners use some pistol offense with CK on sunday.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kevin Lynch on knbr today said dont be shocked if we see the niners use some pistol offense with CK on sunday.

We should, Kaep can be a huge weapon this year for us.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Don't know if he had depth chart in front of him, but Packers QB Aaron Rodgers named every 49ers defensive starter in @957thegame interview.

They know what they are up against. Its gonna be a good game

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

I would. I liked when I saw them experiment with the read option during preseason. If he comes in a runs the ball a few times, the D shrinks in hard to stop him. Thats when you will see the deep pass and CK can throw that for sure. I am excited to see the possibilites of putting him in a couple of times.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I would. I liked when I saw them experiment with the read option during preseason. If he comes in a runs the ball a few times, the D shrinks in hard to stop him. Thats when you will see the deep pass and CK can throw that for sure. I am excited to see the possibilites of putting him in a couple of times.

I agree. Could be fun and effective to force GB into vastly different looks from series to series.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Don't know if he had depth chart in front of him, but Packers QB Aaron Rodgers named every 49ers defensive starter in @957thegame interview.

They know what they are up against. Its gonna be a good game

OHHHHHHH BFD. Everybody in the league knows we have all 11 starters returning. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Sep 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM ]

I would be shocked if they did NOT sprinkle some CK in there.

Sus,

I would be VERY surprised if we used pistol vs. GB. But I'm not a head coach, so we'll see
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
OHHHHHHH BFD. Everybody in the league knows we have all 11 starters returning. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out

It's definitely not going to be QB by committee by I think we'll see CK takes roles that #2's don't typically assume.
I spent my Labor Day with some buddies on a beach and in Milwaukee bars. No one thinks the Niners have a chance at all. But my conversation ended once someone said this,

"the Packers are going to score more than double you guys. At least double for sure. The score will be like 40 to 21."
Originally posted by cashmahne:
I spent my Labor Day with some buddies on a beach and in Milwaukee bars. No one thinks the Niners have a chance at all. But my conversation ended once someone said this,

"the Packers are going to score more than double you guys. At least double for sure. The score will be like 40 to 21."

It'll make the loss for them that much harder. Do you remember the Eagles fan last year?