There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Originally posted by DVDA:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Just waiting for Dixon and Brock to get their papers. Something tells me they might stick until the final pre-season game. We need the camp bodies.

Who will be the 5th corner? Anthony Mosley?

Dobbs....
Just waiting for Dixon and Brock to get their papers. Something tells me they might stick until the final pre-season game. We need the camp bodies.

Dobbs....

Willie Middlebrooks
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Waiver wire pick up?
anyone but brock
I wouldve cut Brock after he gave up that TD in the NFCCG. That way we could have had someone in camp actually worth a s**t. I'm worried that dude might actually make the team.
Originally posted by susweel:

Dobbs....

Willie Middlebrooks

Sammy Davis

i love that we are debating who the 5TH CB will be. Shows how talented and deep the defense is.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
i love that we are debating who the 5TH CB will be. Shows how talented and deep the defense is.

I think CB is one of the most important positions to have depth at. 1 or 2 injuries and our '5th' CB will be on the field every down for our Defense.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I think CB is one of the most important positions to have depth at. 1 or 2 injuries and our '5th' CB will be on the field every down for our Defense.

No doubt it's important and who knows which players will go down with injury. I'm much more focused and concerned about the backup Safeties however.

No doubt it's important and who knows which players will go down with injury. I'm much more focused and concerned about the backup Safeties however.

Oh yeah definitely agree. I don't think any of the reserves impressed Fangio. That worries me a lot

this

Oh yeah definitely agree. I don't think any of the reserves impressed Fangio. That worries me a lot

Praying that Whitner and Goldson can play all 16+ games [pray]
Originally posted by THEB:
Cuts have to be made by 1pm today.

Discuss.

**UPDATE**

Waived
--FB Cameron Bell (Northern Illinois)
--OLB Kourtnei Brown (Clemson)
--DL Patrick Butrym (Wisconsin)
--WR Ben Hannula (San Diego)
--WR Joe Hastings (Washburn)
--DL Matthew Masifilo (Stanford)
--DB Cory Nelms (Miami)
--DB Deante' Purvis (UNLV)
--TE Joe Sawyer (Southwestern Oklahoma State)
--OL Jason Slowey (Western Oregon, 6th rd pick)
--K Giorgio Tavecchio (Cal)
--WR Brian Tyms (Florida A&M)

Reserve/Physically unable to perform(Player ineligible for first six weeks of the regular season)
--OLB Darius Fleming (Notre Dame)

Reserve/Non-football injury list(Player ineligible for first six weeks of the regular season)
--RB Jewel Hampton (Southern Illinois)
None of these cuts really surprise me. I did, however, think that Slowey would make the team. I thought Kourtnei Brown was a longshot, but I didn't think he'd be cut so soon. Tyms, Giorgio Tavecchio, and Slowey will make a 53-man roster somewhere (maybe Deante' Purvis too).
Damn surprised about Slowey. Dude must still be rehabbing from the injury.
I like the Slowey cut, not because wether me as a fan liked the cut or not. Just that they realized a bad pick when they saw it, and knew it wasn't worth the time right now to keep him on the squad. Very decisive.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Willie Middlebrooks

we can just keep cutting and resigning him. he was the one niner who kept coming back or was that sammy we always cut and then repasted back in the book