There are 281 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers a liability?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
YES HE IS, ALMOST AS MUCH AS PATRICK WILLIS

/s

So tired of that crap...glad Rubber banned that ak49 who said Willis' play declined in the second half of last year and referenced the two TDs he gave up to Graham. When I said no LB in the history of the game could have defended those he just laughed.

** and I know you were joking, just figured this was a good reply to add my two cents **

Well manny lawson is finally missed, he covered the Tightends and that was all he could do. Willis is short , hard to out jump a guy 3+ inchs taller lol.. Besides How many people does it take to cover VD 3 at least lol not like willis get it easier in practice!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM ]
would be nice to have another OLB to cover TE. so that Willis and Bowman could blitz and destroy at will
[ Edited by OO9ers on Aug 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM ]
Nope he's an asset
Originally posted by OO9ers:
Personally I think hat today's game is a pre cursor to the Super Bowl.
I honestly believe that it could be the 49ers vs the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

The story by then will change to make the 49ers into villains by having a look at him with no intention to sign him.

they do look to have a grarly D with a fierce pass rush. Their O has a great run game, and then theres that guy manning with a bunch of big young WRs to throw it to. its more than a possibility.... We both have all the pieces in weak divisions that could leave us both with BYEs and fresh squads...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
its preseason. our scheme makes rogers great and we didnt game plan one bit for this, not to mention the reporters even said after this game that Rogers relies heavily on film study and has throughout his career so some rust when we isnt game planning is to be expected.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
He's just playing bad so Rodgers will pick on him and get pick sixed! It's just simple psychology
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
We're 3 games into preseason and so far, Rogers is not looking good. He'seen torched and turned around to the point that I'm wondering if his starting position shouldn't be reevaluated. Yeah, I know, it's just preseason, but he has not impressed, certainly not as a starting corner should. Anyone else just a bit concerned?

His game is predicated on film study and preparation, of which we are doing none of in the preseason.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
, Aldon had 14 sacks, and countless pressures, this just show how important he is to the backend of the defense. Also it's preseason, you don't get paid for these games, and you don't want a injury either... you all need to go see your doctor and get on some antidepressants !

The best response possible. People need to stop crying.
Vanilla defense people....

It's been stated over and over again that the team does not gameplan for pre-season opponents. Carlos is an established player. We know what he's capable of. Him and the defense will be fine.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
, Aldon had 14 sacks, and countless pressures, this just show how important he is to the backend of the defense. Also it's preseason, you don't get paid for these games, and you don't want a injury either... you all need to go see your doctor and get on some antidepressants !

agreed. our defense generates no pass rush without aldon
Originally posted by Garcia:

This.
i was in favor of letting him go but hey is a niner. Rogers seems like a CB who only produces with a very good pass rush and with the injuries to aldon and brooks in preseason, our pass rush hasnt been dominate like last year. Once our pass rush gets back on track roger's production will probably return to pro bowl caliber
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Aug 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM ]
Carlos will be fine. I expect the same secondary we had last year. Bend but don't break. They tighten up in the red zone, great tackling and physical hits.
Share 49ersWebzone