There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kyle Williams Preseason 2012.

I think it will be Crabtree as the flanker or Z, with Moss/Maningham splitting time at the split end or X.

When we put 3 WR's out there, I think it will definately be Kyle Williams. Maningham doesn't really fit a slot reciever and Moss clearly doesn't.

Tedd Ginn will split time with Kyle Williams in the slot but I think that will be temporary. He can't stay healthy and IMO he is just an awful WR. AJ Jenkins will probably over take him as the season goes on as the competition for the slot position with Kyle Williams.

I'd guess Owusu ends up on the practice squad.

I don't think we can really go with less then 6 WRs on the main squad because of Ginn's injury history, and right now he is probably too valuable as a returnman to leave off the roster.

My prediction on KW's numbers is 500 yards and 5 TDs.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
yes our coaches had such a bad day that they were winning until Kyle takes a ball off the knee

good example of bad coaching, the one that he dove on was a cry for help. They should have pulled him right there. I know it is illegal and unlawfull to dare be critical of our god head coach but yes,, he and his coaches got to cute that day and got out coached by the giants. I will trust it was just a one game thing and will never happen again


Yeah you know what i'm sorry you're correct. We should all criticize Harbaugh for not knowing how to hang onto the ball. He should be put on the chopping block immediately
Kyle has shown flashes of being a very talented slot receiver. My hope is that his experience in the title game last year is the galvanizing experience that helps him become a superstar. Stranger things have happened!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Dont run up on a fair catch

god damn, that pissed me off. he did it again today. if he fumbles again as a punt returner, please just never allow him near the ball again. that's one thing ginn is great about. no turnovers.

if he fumbles again I cant see any person giving him another pass....if that fumble is on a bonehead move

Or if he plays with two concussions like he did in the NFCCG...
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Aug 29, 2012 at 6:08 AM ]
I think we as fans should focus on players that would make a difference in the game ,like.......gore,Davis even Alex smith...we are wasting time with a guy that ...I hope he sees the field a couple of times.....
For the most part he's been a real solid player.

He just had one horrendous nightmare game in the worst game to have it in.

Nothing wrong with having a player with a monster chip on his shoulder.
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
I think we as fans should focus on players that would make a difference in the game ,like.......gore,Davis even Alex smith...we are wasting time with a guy that ...I hope he sees the field a couple of times.....

Ginn might not start against the Packers so Williams is a player that would make a difference.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
I think we as fans should focus on players that would make a difference in the game ,like.......gore,Davis even Alex smith...we are wasting time with a guy that ...I hope he sees the field a couple of times.....

Ginn might not start against the Packers so Williams is a player that would make a difference.

I really hope Ginn is healthy for week 1. I would rather have him returning the ball in Green Bay for us.
Really excited to have him on the team. A very solid slot receiver and kick returner.
He's having a good pre-season.......hope it continues to the regular season.......and the playoffs.....
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think it will be Crabtree as the flanker or Z, with Moss/Maningham splitting time at the split end or X.

When we put 3 WR's out there, I think it will definately be Kyle Williams. Maningham doesn't really fit a slot reciever and Moss clearly doesn't.

Tedd Ginn will split time with Kyle Williams in the slot but I think that will be temporary. He can't stay healthy and IMO he is just an awful WR. AJ Jenkins will probably over take him as the season goes on as the competition for the slot position with Kyle Williams.

I'd guess Owusu ends up on the practice squad.

I don't think we can really go with less then 6 WRs on the main squad because of Ginn's injury history, and right now he is probably too valuable as a returnman to leave off the roster.

My prediction on KW's numbers is 500 yards and 5 TDs.

Manningham has been a slot guy his entire career. Ginn has never been a slot guy
It amazes me how many of you so called fans love this pos that cost us a super bowl.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by susweel:
It amazes me how many of you so called fans love this pos that cost us a super bowl.

do you hold grudges against everyone who has done you wrong or is this gem saved just for kyle? I like the fact that the kid busted his butt and did not let that stuff affect him. I guess for selfish and evil reasons I like it cuz it makes the kyle haters knash thier teeth knowing he has earned his way onto the team through good old fashioned hard work. yes I think he would have made it even if ginn had not got hurt
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Or if he plays with two concussions like he did in the NFCCC...
or if the coaches would be outcoached like they were in the NFCC
or if dixon had been able to pick up a first down twice
or if we had not dropped interceptions
or if gore had not taken himself out at key times
or if anyone on our offense could have converted a third down
or if justin smith would never have been allowed in to "block" on offense
or if the coaches would have yanked kyle when he dove for the first punt
or if the coaches had not called bonehead plays like a reverse in the rain on a wet field
Been a Niner fan all my life, my dad and I had season tickets during the 80's. Saw plenty of amazing things in Candlestick over the years. So with all that in mind, I WANTED TO KILL this kid after the NFCCG last season.. but after the initial rage had subsided, I came to realize that the botched fumbles were more of a failure of the coaching staff rather than Williams. Brad Seely should have known better than to let this kid continue returning punts after he DOVE for the first one! That should have set of a few alarm bells in the "Professor's" brain housing group! Seely, as assistant head coach and ST coach, should have immediately told Harbaugh that something was wrong with Williams (suspected slight concussion?) and that he should NOT be returning any more punts! They could have sent ANYBODY back to just fair catch every single punt! Hell, just throw up the fair catch sign and/or stay the hell away from the ball. It's not like it was back in the 80's when Sean Landetta was booming them to the far reaches of the bay area for crying out loud! Just continue to fair catch after fair catch (or stay completely away from the ball on every punt) and we more than likely STILL would have had decent field position. That's a big assumption, but it's a 100% guarantee that we'd at least have POSSESSION! But getting back to the current status of #10, I'm glad the kid has been working his tail off! He's had a great off-season by all accounts, and he appears to have his confidence back on the field. He's a dangerous weapon for our offense and we need to keep him included in our game-plans. The kid has heart and some real skills. Keep your head up and keep charging #10! Now, let's get this 49er JUGGERNAUT rolling! Go Niners!!!