There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kyle Williams Preseason 2012.

Williams will make the squad and so will AJ Jenkins. Difference is that Jenkins won't suit up on game days and KW will. Rooting for the kid to do well. Handled his business with class and determination so far this year.
I like people who don't quit and keep a first clas attitude.

Sure would love to see him return a few for TD's.
let him return punts in the regular season but do not let him return punts in the playoffs.
I have absolutely zero confidence with KW returning punts with game tied in the 4th quarter. This dude should not be allowed anywhere near the punt team.

In fact stupid players like him should be cut immediately.
[ Edited by susweel on Aug 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
I have absolutely zero confidence with KW returning punts with game tied in the 4th quarter. This dude should not be allowed anywhere near the punt team.

The problem is he may be the next best option for PR / KR. Maybe Hunter or LMJ or Jenkins. Gotta trust Harbaugh on this , still, not exactly thrilled with the idea.

he had another nice game against the broncos
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he had another nice game against the broncos

I like it when he was dragging his tackler about 7 yards down the field on his last return and made a great move before that to spring him in the open. He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith from Carolina. I was high on him when we drafted him and I am even more optimistic this year. You can tell he beefed up a lot over the offseason in his arms and calf muscles.
OK, i am Coach Harbaugh's biggest fan. BUT, having Kyle return punts in the wind, slop and rain, was not a good idea. Coach H should have taken a page from Coughlin and just had his PRs either fair catch or let the ball go. Trying to field a punt in sloppy conditions is a bad idea, and that starts with the coach. It is the one and only mistake Coach H made last yr(that I can think of, and he did it twice in same game), and he won't repeat that. So some of that was NOT TELLING Kyle to fair catch, or get well away from the ball in the slop. Believe me, if that situation occurs again, Coach will have his PR, whoever it is, stay the hell away from the ball ...or fair catch it.

Moral? This wasn't all on Kyle. In retrospect he was the goat, but there was blame to share. Hey, we as a team learned a lesson...the hard way. Bet anyone that Coach Harbaugh learned on it...and he won't repeat that mistake in the mud, wind and slop.

Sus gonna sus
KW's gonna break out this season
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
OK, i am Coach Harbaugh's biggest fan. BUT, having Kyle return punts in the wind, slop and rain, was not a good idea. Coach H should have taken a page from Coughlin and just had his PRs either fair catch or let the ball go. Trying to field a punt in sloppy conditions is a bad idea, and that starts with the coach. It is the one and only mistake Coach H made last yr(that I can think of, and he did it twice in same game), and he won't repeat that. So some of that was NOT TELLING Kyle to fair catch, or get well away from the ball in the slop. Believe me, if that situation occurs again, Coach will have his PR, whoever it is, stay the hell away from the ball ...or fair catch it.

Moral? This wasn't all on Kyle. In retrospect he was the goat, but there was blame to share. Hey, we as a team learned a lesson...the hard way. Bet anyone that Coach Harbaugh learned on it...and he won't repeat that mistake in the mud, wind and slop.

Actually I think JH and his staff got out coached in the NFCG.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

in more ways than one to. they got cute with justin smith in there to block . I could bring up reverse calls in the rain on a wet field but yes they coached a bad game that day to go along with some of our players not playing well
Originally posted by cciowa:

in more ways than one to. they got cute with justin smith in there to block . I could bring up reverse calls in the rain on a wet field but yes they coached a bad game that day to go along with some of our players not playing well

yes our coaches had such a bad day that they were winning until Kyle takes a ball off the knee
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
yes our coaches had such a bad day that they were winning until Kyle takes a ball off the knee

good example of bad coaching, the one that he dove on was a cry for help. They should have pulled him right there. I know it is illegal and unlawfull to dare be critical of our god head coach but yes,, he and his coaches got to cute that day and got out coached by the giants. I will trust it was just a one game thing and will never happen again
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

good example of bad coaching, the one that he dove on was a cry for help. They should have pulled him right there. I know it is illegal and unlawfull to dare be critical of our god head coach but yes,, he and his coaches got to cute that day and got out coached by the giants. I will trust it was just a one game thing and will never happen again

either they should have pulled him tell him to fair catch everything.