LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Players who surprised you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was just thinking about how many players I totally dismissed and then watched become starters and or stars! Anyone care to confess?

Sopoaga: When he played NT before he seemed to resent the dirty work, then did OK but not great at DE. But he seems to have accepted and now excels at NT.

Ginn: He use to go backwards on punt returns as much as forward…drove me crazy. Now is all world!

Goldson: The all hit, no tackle team but has improved his consistency.

Gore: Why did they draft a guy who has had several surgeries on his knees? Are they crazy? No.

McDonald: Too small and injury prone to be an every down DL. Hmm…how did he become so good?

Vernon: Hands of stone! Move him to OT and be done with it! How bad was that thinking?

I either had no confidence in them when they were drafted or lost faith in these guys...just goes to show!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 20, 2012 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Was just thinking about how many players I totally dismissed and then watched become starters and or stars! Anyone care to confess?

Sopoaga: When he played NT before he seemed to resent the dirty work, then did OK but not great at DE. But he seems to have accepted and now excels at NT.

Ginn: He use to go backwards on punt returns as much as forward…drove me crazy. Now is all world!

Goldson: The all hit, no tackle team but has improved his consistency.

Gore: Why did they draft a guy who has had several surgeries on his knees? Are they crazy? No.

McDonald: Too small and injury prone to be an every down DL. Hmm…how did he become so good?

Vernon: Hands of stone! Move him to OT and be done with it! How bad was that thinking?

I either had no confidence in them when they were drafted or lost faith in these guys...just goes to show!

Felt the same bout Soap n RayMac.glad they have improved.

Was a lil uneasy bout Gire when he was drafted cuz of his knees,even though he was good at The U.glad his knees havent been an issue.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM ]
never shared that sentiment on vernon, u could always see that he could play and just needed to play what i call cleaner football
Brown
Originally posted by jreff22:
Brown

Took it right out of me. T.Brown. This guy was lost in the depth charts couple of years ago.

In some ways, Ahmad Brooks too. I only thought of him as good backup situational player. Not a starter. Credit his hardwork.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brown

Took it right out of me. T.Brown. This guy was lost in the depth charts couple of years ago.

In some ways, Ahmad Brooks too. I only thought of him as good backup situational player. Not a starter. Credit his hardwork.

Ahh...forgot about Brown! I liked Brooks and hoped he would just need the right coaching/maturity.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM ]
There was much speculation about RayMac's medical condition coming out of college. In his early years he was offside on so many occasions. When he got the PT and timing down he took off. What amazes me about his play is his brute strength. An opposing team needs four men to block RayMac and Justin on passing downs.
Brown

This, I ate a lot of crow from this guy and it was yummy
Vernon still has hands of stone
Alex Smith

Anthony Davis

Bruce Miller

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Tarrel Brown and Joe Staley

I used to hate Staley

I thought the idea of moving Bruce Miller to FB was stupid. It was a great idea
[ Edited by ImaMod on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
Kendall Hunter. Some kid that was a distant echo of Barry Sanders. I think he has a strong chance to, almost, completely replace Frank Gore.

Aldon Smith: I'm too drunk to find this kid on my draft sheet. What the f**k?!
Bruce Miller for sure. Didn't think he had enough meat on him to be an effective lead blocker. He proved me wrong
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Alex Smith

VD to some extent

Carlos Rogers
This year, so far its Anthony Davis and Alex Boone. Just wait and watch how much better our line will be this year.
I challenge anyone to point out one bad play by either of these two in the preseason.
Share 49ersWebzone