LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

I somewhat hope that we lose the rest of our preseason games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
¯_(ツ)_/¯

This way Harbros makes these boys forged in the fire that is practice, meng, practice.

The thing I fear the most is that the niners get overconfident and then become lazy (Manny Lawson effect).

I'd also like to see alot more of Tolzein and Gus, our RB core and get our second string OLine some work. We will need Oline backup. Just look at what happened to the Packers last year. Their oline went down and as soon as that happened, their perfect season was OVAH.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]
I thought our starters looked so sharp last week! To be honest, I was kind of glad it seemed we weren't as sharp looking.

Maybe you're right, collect as much humility while you can when it doesn't count, turn it into hard-work-fuel!
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
I thought our starters looked so sharp last week! To be honest, I was kind of glad it seemed we weren't as sharp looking.

Maybe you're right, collect as much humility while you can when it doesn't count, turn it into hard-work-fuel!

Exactly.

I told my bandwagon neighbor about my logic, and he's just fuming.

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
true story

I'd also like to see alot more of Tolzein and Gus, our RB core and get our second string OLine some work.

Agree, i would like to see which young receivers stand out after next two weeks.
I don't mind our guys getting a few reminders that they have to work in order to get back to where we were, but I would like to see our d play well and our off. score some touchdowns. That should translate to wins, and if that happens it is great for our confidence. We need some of that as well as humble pie to go into the season. On the other hand it does seem that harbaugh is playing things close to the vest and showing his hand. He is getting the starters out early and running the ball a lot with no real gimmicks or much misdirection like he uses in the reg season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lawson was lazy ?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Exactly.

I told my bandwagon neighbor about my logic, and he's just fuming.

best gif ever lol
Agree TonyS.

Good call on what happend to the Packer OLine last year.

I feel the same way about the DLine. Get the subs as many reps as possible.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
could care less about wins or losses during the preseason. I just want our players to come out of this healthy.

I don't get the Manny Lawson comment
minus the injuries, the Texans game was perfect. starters looked good, were winning on the road, Kaepernick looked decent, Moss caught passes and gore looked like himself.

best part was that we lost.

don't ever wanna be 4-0 in preseason...
ZOMG! Seattle is looking to top Mike Singletary's record-setting 2010 pre-season campaign of 4-0!!!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
A perfect pre season is 2-2 with no serious injuries.

Don't want your team getting overly confident with a 4-0 record.
Don't want your team getting too down over a 0-4 record.

See some good thing to build on and some poor things to get the coach on your ass about.

championship
Share 49ersWebzone