LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

The theme for 2012-...............REDEMPTION

Shop Find 49ers gear online

I went to a SF Giants baseball game a month ago. Gregor Blanco was on third with 1 out and the Giants were down by one.
Gregor didn't get the sign, thought it was a squeeze play and was thrown out at third being caught in the pickle.
Fans were asking for his head.

Fast forward to the 8th. Game is tied .Not alot of offense in this game. 2 outs , runner on third , Gregor up.
He gets a hit.
Giants win mainly because of Gregor.

Life is like sports. Alot more fails than wins,losses are hard to forget sometimes, but the wins are unforgettable. Wins come via conviction.

time to fu&k sh*t up and WIN THIS SIXTH
Comparing a regular season baseball game where the Giants were already losing doesn't even compare to blowing an NFC Title game
If Kyle Williams makes the game winning punt return in the first overtime superbowl in NFL history. And during the return, he breaks 10 tackles, murders the punter, runs back to where he caught the ball and rebroke all 10 tackles again, dusts it off into the endzone carrying the dead punter on his back. Then I might hate him less for the NFCCG.

Other than that hes #1 on my sh*t list next to my 8th grade math teacher.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
^^
[ Edited by Ether on Aug 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM ]
Hey guys... lots of teams f**k up in the clutch when a playoff game is on the line. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Favre vs. New Orleans (cross-body INT sends game to OT)
Favre vs. New York Giants (overtime INT on first drive)
Romo vs. Seattle (fumbled snap on game-winning FG)
Norwood vs. New York Giants (wide right)
Anderson vs. Atlanta (hadn't missed the entire season)
Jackie Smith vs. Pittsburgh (drops game-winning TD in his gut)
Junkin vs. San Francisco (bad snap on game-winning FG)
Cundiff/Evans vs. New England (missed FG, dropped TD)
Vanderjagt vs. Pittsburgh (missed game-winning FG)
Kaeding vs. New York Jets (missed 2 or 3 FG's in playoffs, I forget, but I know it cost them the game)
Hasselbeck vs. Green Bay ("We want the ball and we're gonna score.")
Byner vs. Denver (fumbled at the 3-yard line)

Eventually, you gotta move on. s**t happens.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Hey guys... lots of teams f**k up in the clutch when a playoff game is on the line. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Kaeding vs. New York Jets (missed 2 or 3 FG's in playoffs, I forget, but I know it cost them the game)

why wasn't that long list posted sooner?
Don't look back.
Hold onto the ball
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Actually, stuff like this DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.

A lot of the errors you mentions we're forced. Favre threw those ints, players miss kicks but a ball accidentally hitting a knee is nothing like any of those events that occurred except maybe the bad snap in the giants vs niners playoff game.

So....the Kyle Williams fumble was probably the worst unforced error I could think about that ever occurred in a playoff game....it's even worse than a fumbled snap. It's also probably the easiest unforced error to avoid. Many if not all punt returners know to avoid the ball when it's bouncing.

So in conclusion, I would challenge anyone to please give a comparable list of unforced errors in a playoff game that comes even close to this monumental choke.
Originally posted by elguapo:

A lot of the errors you mentions we're forced. Favre threw those ints, players miss kicks but a ball accidentally hitting a knee is nothing like any of those events that occurred except maybe the bad snap in the giants vs niners playoff game.

So....the Kyle Williams fumble was probably the worst unforced error I could think about that ever occurred in a playoff game....it's even worse than a fumbled snap. It's also probably the easiest unforced error to avoid. Many if not all punt returners know to avoid the ball when it's bouncing.

So in conclusion, I would challenge anyone to please give a comparable list of unforced errors in a playoff game that comes even close to this monumental choke.

Actually when it comes to this level of karma, the Giants have sorta paid their dues:

Originally posted by Kronos2560:
If Kyle Williams makes the game winning punt return in the first overtime superbowl in NFL history. And during the return, he breaks 10 tackles, murders the punter, runs back to where he caught the ball and rebroke all 10 tackles again, dusts it off into the endzone carrying the dead punter on his back. Then I might hate him less for the NFCCG.

Other than that hes #1 on my sh*t list next to my 8th grade math teacher.

The more I read trash like this, the more I like and wish KW success this year. I'm really going to be pulling for him!

I hated my 8th grade math teacher too.... then I grew up, gained perspective and realized I was a little s**t in 8th grade and she was an underpaid overworked educator.

Similar maturity and intelligence has given me perspective to see that a split-second odd-bounce mistake was a fraction of what lost that game for us. The man at the center of that error has rallied hard work, support and encouragement from hist teammates. These comments would get you a swift death stare from many of your favorite 49ers.

If KW actually does what you said, he'll be giving a speech in Canton someday... and his 8th grade math teacher will be proud.
Some of you guys need to get out more. All this pent up rage & hate is for losers.

Move on - it's a new season.

If JH wants him on the team - that's good enough for me.
There's a video about this theme...like to see it here it go..

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Some of you guys need to get out more. All this pent up rage & hate is for losers.

Move on - it's a new season.

If JH wants him on the team - that's good enough for me.

+1
I think I'm at the point now where I hate the KW haters more than I ever hated KW. I just find it funny that some people cant get over the fact that a guy doing something that isn't his primary job, in crappy weather, against a good team, in a huge pressure situation, that that person might make a mistake. I am firmly on the "hope KW shuts these morons up" bandwagon.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Romo's fumbled snap is easily worse. Without a doubt.
Share 49ersWebzone