There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would the Dolphins be interested in trading for any of our WR's??

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Brett Swain for a 2nd round pick. The guy's stock value went up when the defender had inside position and Brett gave him that stick with his right leg and adjusted to the back shoulder throw from Alex for the TD. I mean come on how many WR's can do that in the league? That is pure talent and skill.

Do you think they will bite on that?

No way I'm trading our only white reciever....dude could be the next Welker, Nelson or Don Bebe...

you've now convinced me to draft him with my first pick in FF
There is only one, and he is Kyle Williams.

But do you really want a 5th or 6th rounder for Kyle? Cause that's all you're gonna get at most.

You could move Crabtree for a 2nd or 3rd, but why would you do that as well?
Nothing's gonna happen, trade-wise. So let's stop talking about it.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Nobody is going to trade for our receivers when 1 or 2 of them are certain to be waived at the end of camp.

Now if somebody wanted Crabtree for a (what would end up being a high) 1st rounder I think I would be very tempted.

These kinds of things don't happen much in the NFL though, so It is highly unlikely in this case.

Exactly.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Nobody is going to trade for our receivers when 1 or 2 of them are certain to be waived at the end of camp.

Now if somebody wanted Crabtree for a (what would end up being a high) 1st rounder I think I would be very tempted.

These kinds of things don't happen much in the NFL though, so It is highly unlikely in this case.

Exactly.
they have 31 teams scraps to chose from
what other team has 5 #1 receivers. of course they would
doesnt a #1 receiver go for 2 #1's and maybe a 4
DO IT
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

Nathan Palmer's a Pro Bowler already. YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!?!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Stacked? Really?!?!?!?!?

Nathan Palmer's a Pro Bowler already. YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!?!

Must have missed the memo.

Originally posted by 9erred:
I know I will get fried for this, but the Dolphins are razor thin at WR. They need WR help and might "just might" be willing to give up a low draft pick to get some healthy bodies into camp with 4 weeks to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000049081/article/dolphins-search-for-chad-johnsons-replacement-at-wr?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Niners are stacked at WR, and rather than let one get picked off with no compensation I would consider any of these options.

Nathan Palmer- 7th round pick- assuming he would not make the PS and picked up on waivers, why not?
Kyle Williams- 6th round pick- brings more NFL experience. Would trade him for a 6th as his contract lenght is short and I think the team has better KR/PR's
Brett Swain- 7th in 2014- need I say more

Now the following are WR's I want to make the roster but would part with for the following draft picks.
1. Ted Ginn- 3rd rounder- want his KR/PR skills, but would part with him for a 3rd rounder
2. Michael Crabtree- 1st rounder- With Manningham and Moss, willing to part with Crabtree for a 1st round pick in the future, probably a high first rounder in 2013.

Go ahead an fry me all you want, just having pre season fun. And as a value based GM, I feel most players have a trade value and can be replaced. When I say "most" I would never trade franchise players like Willis or J. Smith.

No. Our WRs have little to no trade value. Nobody in their right mind would trade anything for Palmer or Swain, let alone a first for Crabtree. Don't quit your day job.
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I know I will get fried for this, but the Dolphins are razor thin at WR. They need WR help and might "just might" be willing to give up a low draft pick to get some healthy bodies into camp with 4 weeks to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000049081/article/dolphins-search-for-chad-johnsons-replacement-at-wr?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Niners are stacked at WR, and rather than let one get picked off with no compensation I would consider any of these options.

Nathan Palmer- 7th round pick- assuming he would not make the PS and picked up on waivers, why not?
Kyle Williams- 6th round pick- brings more NFL experience. Would trade him for a 6th as his contract lenght is short and I think the team has better KR/PR's
Brett Swain- 7th in 2014- need I say more

Now the following are WR's I want to make the roster but would part with for the following draft picks.
1. Ted Ginn- 3rd rounder- want his KR/PR skills, but would part with him for a 3rd rounder
2. Michael Crabtree- 1st rounder- With Manningham and Moss, willing to part with Crabtree for a 1st round pick in the future, probably a high first rounder in 2013.

Go ahead an fry me all you want, just having pre season fun. And as a value based GM, I feel most players have a trade value and can be replaced. When I say "most" I would never trade franchise players like Willis or J. Smith.

No. Our WRs have little to no trade value. Nobody in their right mind would trade anything for Palmer or Swain, let alone a first for Crabtree. Don't quit your day job.

This... tho like I said earlier, you could move Crabtree for a 2nd or 3rd or maybe Kyle Williams for a 6th.

BUT WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU?!?!

( at anyone thinking Brett Swain or Napalm has trade value)
Owasu for their 1st next year, Tyms for their 1st the year after and Palmer for their 2nd this year and next. Do it baalke.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Trade them all for a bag of chips!!! Funions!

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I initially thought the same thing about our RB's and San Diego.