Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Great Analysis! Here are my responses to the ones I disagree with.
2. I honestly think Kaep played a lot better than youre giving him credit for. Considering his preseason performance last year, I think hes improved a lot. He did a great job eluding the rush, he made explosive plays with his feet, he got the ball out quickly despite his awkward looking release, and he showed no hesitation when delivering the ball. I think Johnson is going to be the one who gets traded, and I think Kaep and Tolzien are gonna have a big battle for the #2 QB. (Just my thoughts)
4. I agree that there isnt much to say about Moss, but it has been well documented that he hasnt lost much speed, if any at all since 09. He ran a 4.3 with the 49ers, so I dont see how its all the sudden possible that hes slow. I think Fanfest isnt the best indicator to judge his abilities, so lets wait a bit on the verdict until he actually shows us some real time gameplay.
8. Perrish Cox was acquitted of all charges IIRC. So I dont see any reason to feel "iffy" about him. However, I do agree that he did play well.
Agreed with everything else. Good job on the analysis! Go Niners!!
2) I don't think he played poorly (although his QB rating was 66). It was more of a case of being impressed by Tolzien. I do think Kaep looks really unnatural out there tho and it seems the only time he plays well is when they are running the Pistol. AGAIN tho...not taking a stand here. I could change my mind next week. Just immediate thoughts.
EDIT: Oh...and I think the only QB who would be traded is Kaep. Thats based more on the fact that teams KNOW the Niners would have to get rid of one and they only one who I think generates alot of interest is Kaep (mainly because of age, athleticism, and what teams thought of him pre-draft).
4) As far as I know he didn't run any official time with the 49ers. I think someone (it might have been him) said that he COULD run 4.3, but I don't think anyone has timed him. Moreover, the team would never announce what time he ran. It may be "well documented" that people SAY he hasn't lost any speed, but that CERTAINLY was NOT on display on Sunday at the Fanfest. I would absolutely LOVE to be wrong in this regard, but I can only comment on what I've seen.
8) Aquitted doesn't mean he didn't do it. From what I read he got off based mostly on lack of evidense. He could be innocent. He could also be guilty. He's iffy to me because I just don't know and that's a sore subject for me. That ain't cool. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's still in the back of my mind.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM ]