LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 342 users in the forums

Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's interesting to find that my comment about Staley taking of the defender on that Smith run in the playoff game against the Saints started so much fuss.

Perhaps somewhere on the NY Giants' boards there is a thread about Bradshaw's fumble should have been ruled a fumble, or Eli Manning wasn't so good because two of his passes would have been intercepted had the 49ers defenders didn't run into each other.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by boast:
Feel better now, you condesending prick. For the record, the video you posted was the basic angle, not the one on NFL Year Book. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like it.

street credited.

there is absolutely no need to do that and you should know better.

I do know better, but I dont care. Dude always responds in a way thats snarky. He's a a jerk in a way that he knows he could get away with, per forum rules. Good for him. I'm sure he's smiling right now in his underwear Boone and Smith Fanboy t-shirt, drinking a slurpy while he waits for his mom to fix him a baloney sandwich....Anyways, I already have a 25 warning, do what you must. Trust me boast, you would be doing me a huge favor. Too much "group think," "in crowd" on this forum anway.

For the record, Oldman you can be a real homo. Peace.

street cred applied. Either consider your point made or step out bro. It really isnt worth it.
Feel better now, you condesending prick. For the record, the video you posted was the basic angle, not the one on NFL Year Book. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like it.

street credited.

I do know better, but I dont care. Dude always responds in a way thats snarky. He's a a jerk in a way that he knows he could get away with, per forum rules. Good for him. I'm sure he's smiling right now in his underwear Boone and Smith Fanboy t-shirt, drinking a slurpy while he waits for his mom to fix him a baloney sandwich....Anyways, I already have a 25 warning, do what you must. Trust me boast, you would be doing me a huge favor. Too much "group think," "in crowd" on this forum anway.

Dude. Chill.

If you think you are making a point, you are....it's just not the point you are intending to make.

Completely unnecessary.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:

street credited.

Damn, dude. Calm down. Take a breather.

yeah dont let him get ya...the whole team is holding smith back in his eyes..that right there tells ya there's no middle ground
Originally posted by oldman9er:
This thread that says nothing about any leg-whipping?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166592-nfl-yearbook-2011-san-francisco-49ers-1080phd/

I'm beginning to see the problem. You don't know how to define a leg-whip penalty, it would seem. Staley is sliding along the ground. His legs are in a natural position as this happens... knees slightly bent and calves a natural inch or two sliding along with his upper body... Harper tries to hop over and stumbles upon Joe's lower half. So this to you is leg-whipping? So far, you seem to be the only human being and fan of any team to be calling this a leg-whipping. Hell, I live in New Orleans, have Saints friends and family... NO ONE is calling this a leg-whipping or ever suggested that it was. No news reports... nothing. I don't even believe Harper himself ever suggested a leg-whip.

Your proposed extra film and angles is nowhere to be found anymore.. all seemingly pulled from availability... massive cover-up, is it?

Here is the play... http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/16/joe-staley-wait-until-you-see-my-block-on-film/ .. and it is precisely as described. There is no possible angle that would make this play any more clear or controversial. If that play would ever have been called as a leg-whip, Harbaugh's head would literally have exploded, and the refs would have been rushed and beaten to a bloody pulp.

So either are trolling... or don't know what you're looking at in terms of what a leg-whip constitutes. If Staley would have suddenly lashed out and up with his legs? Then you would have been correct. Sorry... you are fighting a bizarre and losing battle here.

oldman. You need to learn how to talk to people. This is not acceptable either. You cannot back door insult people, question their knowledge, etc. Quit calling everyone who disagrees with your position a troll. This pisses people off. Either have a calm discussion or stop posting. You cannot backdoor insult people, wait for them to get pissed and report it. Doesn't work either.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yeah dont let him get ya...the whole team is holding smith back in his eyes..that right there tells ya there's no middle ground

This whole meltdown on his part had nothing to do with Alex Smith, dude. Relax.. we don't need to keep the mods this busy. Football is here! People need to be happy and excited over the season.. not kicked out for overreacting and breaking WZ rules.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

street credited.

Damn, dude. Calm down. Take a breather.

Wow... the line of argument wasn't even about Smith.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/166592-nfl-yearbook-2011-san-francisco-49ers-1080phd/

I'm beginning to see the problem. You don't know how to define a leg-whip penalty, it would seem. Staley is sliding along the ground. His legs are in a natural position as this happens... knees slightly bent and calves a natural inch or two sliding along with his upper body... Harper tries to hop over and stumbles upon Joe's lower half. So this to you is leg-whipping? So far, you seem to be the only human being and fan of any team to be calling this a leg-whipping. Hell, I live in New Orleans, have Saints friends and family... NO ONE is calling this a leg-whipping or ever suggested that it was. No news reports... nothing. I don't even believe Harper himself ever suggested a leg-whip.

Your proposed extra film and angles is nowhere to be found anymore.. all seemingly pulled from availability... massive cover-up, is it?

Here is the play... http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/16/joe-staley-wait-until-you-see-my-block-on-film/ .. and it is precisely as described. There is no possible angle that would make this play any more clear or controversial. If that play would ever have been called as a leg-whip, Harbaugh's head would literally have exploded, and the refs would have been rushed and beaten to a bloody pulp.

So either are trolling... or don't know what you're looking at in terms of what a leg-whip constitutes. If Staley would have suddenly lashed out and up with his legs? Then you would have been correct. Sorry... you are fighting a bizarre and losing battle here.

oldman. You need to learn how to talk to people. This is not acceptable either. You cannot back door insult people, question their knowledge, etc. Quit calling everyone who disagrees with your position a troll. This pisses people off. Either have a calm discussion or stop posting. You cannot backdoor insult people, wait for them to get pissed and report it. Doesn't work either.

we all should get our warnings retracted !

I respect you Rubberneck, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

If what you're saying isn't allowed then half of the post on this board wouldn't be acceptable. People argue on here all the time and peeps try to be funny while doing so. It isn't until it becomes a personal attack that it goes over the line (IMO). Saying he is either trolling or doesn't know the rules isn't a backdoor insult. It actually sounds more factual.

Just my 2 cents.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM ]

Originally posted by Marvin49:

I respect you Rubberneck, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

If what you're saying isn't allowed then half of the post on this board wouldn't be acceptable. People argue on here all the time and peeps try to be funny while doing so. It isn't until it becomes a personal attack that it goes over the line (IMO). Saying he is either trolling or doesn't know the rules isn't a backdoory insult. It actually sounds more factual.

Just my 2 cents.

Back on subject please. If you have an issue, pm the mods.
'Why are you yelling at me. That's just rude!!!'

'I have to yell at you because I don't know what else to do. You refuse to listen to my reasoning when I talk to you in a normal tone.'
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

LOL!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

It is serious business.

Amazon.com
Share 49ersWebzone