There are 600 users in the forums
Preseason Week 1: Thoughts after Re-Watching the game...
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,417
Nice.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM
- PA49ersfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,088
Originally posted by English:2nd that.
Nice.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
- Memphis9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,648
Great observations Marvin, I agree 100%, especially the Tolzien over CK part, Colin still looks like crap throwing the football, but man can he fly in the open field. If he doesn't work out at qb, maybe we can use him as a deep threat receiver.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Getting upset with you, Marvin. You keep making it hard for me to find something to disagree with you on...
.
Good write-up... From early reports prior to signing Moss and comments from his teammates... man, I have to think Moss must be saving the juice for when he really needs it. Not talking 4.3 speed anymore, but 4.45 to 4.55 will be enough for someone of his size and skills to demand safety attention over the top. That, and a cure for the redzone woes is what we brought Moss in for, and I still expect him to provide that.
As far as offensive philosophy, I'll stick to expecting balance. Some games, we will run more... some we'll pass more.
I am surprised you didn't mention Dobbs or Bakhtiari... who looked outstanding Friday night.
Again though... this was a good read as usual.
.Good write-up... From early reports prior to signing Moss and comments from his teammates... man, I have to think Moss must be saving the juice for when he really needs it. Not talking 4.3 speed anymore, but 4.45 to 4.55 will be enough for someone of his size and skills to demand safety attention over the top. That, and a cure for the redzone woes is what we brought Moss in for, and I still expect him to provide that.
As far as offensive philosophy, I'll stick to expecting balance. Some games, we will run more... some we'll pass more.
I am surprised you didn't mention Dobbs or Bakhtiari... who looked outstanding Friday night.
Again though... this was a good read as usual.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM
- monsterzero789
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,304
Why is everyone so down on LMJ? He averaged 5 ypc in his limited action of his first preseason game
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Aug 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM ]
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM
- Silky
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,801
Is this a general week 1 preseason thoughts thread? If so, then the Rams offensive line looked like the 2004 49ers O-Line
They were letting Bradford get hit every play. Hopefully our defense will feast on them
They were letting Bradford get hit every play. Hopefully our defense will feast on them
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
little dissapointed to hear that about moss but still i think he will be a great RZ threat
i liked and agree with almost all of what you said
i liked and agree with almost all of what you said
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,417
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:Is this a general week 1 preseason thoughts thread? If so, then the Rams offensive line looked like the 2004 49ers O-LineThey were letting Bradford get hit every play. Hopefully our defense will feast on them
No, please keep it to the Niners game. You are very welcome to open up a more general thread in NFL Talk.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Getting upset with you, Marvin. You keep making it hard for me to find something to disagree with you on....
Good write-up... From early reports prior to signing Moss and comments from his teammates... man, I have to think Moss must be saving the juice for when he really needs it. Not talking 4.3 speed anymore, but 4.45 to 4.55 will be enough for someone of his size and skills to demand safety attention over the top. That, and a cure for the redzone woes is what we brought Moss in for, and I still expect him to provide that.
As far as offensive philosophy, I'll stick to expecting balance. Some games, we will run more... some we'll pass more.
I am surprised you didn't mention Dobbs or Bakhtiari... who looked outstanding Friday night.
Again though... this was a good read as usual.
LOL. ;-)
Good point, Bakhtiari did look good. ;-)
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Why is everyone so down on LMJ? He averaged 5 ypc in his limited action of his first preseason game
Not really DOWN on him per se. I was just REALLY high on him after he was drafted and I have't seen the explosion yet. It doesn't mean it isn't there...we just haven't seen it. As I said...I could turn this around 100% next week. We'll see. VERY small sample size.
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
- HoneyBadger49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,054
How many passes did Grant Cohn catch?
Aug 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM
- RabidNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,322
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
How many passes did Grant Cohn catch?
I heard he catches with the best of them, sometimes catches two at a time.
Aug 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM
- 9erred
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,195
Both Palmer and Owusu will be cut, it will be interesting to see which one or both make it to the PS.
Aug 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,335
I was most impressed by the short yardage runs. Really in the last few years they have been terrible on short yardage runs. They always get stuffed in goal line situations. Another reason why they struggled in the red zone last year. They dropped the ball vs the Giants when they couldn't convert on that short yardage run late in the game and had to settle for 3. Jacobs and Bruce Miller along with the entire o line looked great.
I don't think they will use Moss much in pre season. Gotta save whatever he has left in the tank for the regular season.
And watching the game it seems like offense will continue to attack Whitner covering tight ends.
I don't think they will use Moss much in pre season. Gotta save whatever he has left in the tank for the regular season.
And watching the game it seems like offense will continue to attack Whitner covering tight ends.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]