LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Tyms

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I personally am enjoying this. So much more pleasant to be having this argument as opposed to the merits of Taylor Jacobs, Bryan Gilmore, Dom Zeigler, Ashley Lelie or Jason Hill...

Good times, good times...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I personally am enjoying this. So much more pleasant to be having this argument as opposed to the merits of Taylor Jacobs, Bryan Gilmore, Dom Zeigler, Ashley Lelie or Jason Hill...

The trials of a true fan....
Is it pronounced Tims or Times?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
tims
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Tie Em Es

For sure. Wow, what we had to endure to get to this position.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Tie Em Es

Even if Times
Originally posted by natrone06:
I just don't understand making roster/ps predictions based on the play of guys for 1 quarter in the 1st preseason game. What's the point? What if Tolzien sucks, JJ looks great, Palmer has 2 td and owusu has a couple drops next game. All seems so premature at this point.
Thats what we do her in the WZ, p!ss on eveybodys new shoes.

Agreed, But this year could be an one of those years just looking at moss and ginn's one year contracts. But then again, if Ginn proves he can actually be more than a PR/KR then he will be extended before any of the three potential practice squadders get promoted to the 53. Itll be interested to see everyone's opinions after the third preseason game.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Wow...hey Alex, when Moss gets tired, switch him out with Tyms and just lob the ball up to him...anywhere! Wow!

So, he's our new version of Marcus Maxwell?
I just don't understand making roster/ps predictions based on the play of guys for 1 quarter in the 1st preseason game. What's the point? What if Tolzien sucks, JJ looks great, Palmer has 2 td and owusu has a couple drops next game. All seems so premature at this point.

Just a new topic. We could always go to Alex Smith. Not much else to really talk about. Just hoping a receiver who actually looks the part could be a sleeper.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
I should clarify. I do actually understand fun speculation this early in the preseason. I don't understand the amount of definiteness in the statements that goes along with a lot of it.

It's statements like these I just dont get making this early?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If we keep a receiver on the PS, I'd make it him or Owusu. Palmer is okay, but the wide-open drop was pretty bad..

natrone, my intense yearly studies of college football and its prospects has me well aware of what these guys likely have in terms of potential. I simply don't like Palmer that much compared to the others, and that is based on far, far, far more than limited pre-season action, just fYI.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone