LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

NINERS! What is your profession? (The new 1st down celebration played over the PA)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

NINERS! What is your profession? (The new 1st down celebration played over the PA)

• THEB
  • Veteran
i love it. it gets the crowd into the game.

I also noticed that we actually knew when and when not to get loud tonight. thats a big step!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wtf are they saying??
Originally posted by THEB:

I also noticed that we actually knew when and when not to get loud tonight. thats a big step!

seriously i went to monday night i think against cardinals 2 years ago

every1 was cheering when we were on offense really loudly
Originally posted by THEB:

So that's what they were chanting. I kept hearing chants and that's rare for a game much less pre season. No doubt though the crowd was really loud at the start for it being a pre season game.
Maybe Trenton Robinson's idea? (Michigan State)

JH i KNOW didn't come up with it!
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Maybe Trenton Robinson's idea? (Michigan State)

JH i KNOW didn't come up with it!

So what does the PA actually say and what were they chanting. I thought I heard the ohuu 3 times. P.S. Good to see Tony Montana is back but the guys might wait until the regular season to start dancing.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So what does the PA actually say and what were they chanting. I thought I heard the ohuu 3 times. P.S. Good to see Tony Montana is back but the guys might wait until the regular season to start dancing.

probably just "...for a Niiiiiiners FIRST DOWN!!!" (AWOO!!AWOO!!AWOO!!!)

So the pa didn't play anything about spartans and profession? Not sure that chant really works with us especially for 1st downs but still cool they are getting the crowd into it. It's not exactly J-E-T-S or E-A-G-L-E-S
Originally posted by Gore_21:

So the pa didn't play anything about spartans and profession? Not sure that chant really works with us especially for 1st downs but still cool they are getting the crowd into it. It's not exactly J-E-T-S or E-A-G-L-E-S

tweet Jed York....he'd probably make the PA dude do "Niners! What is...etc"

I noticed they played it a few times tonight. I sounded kind of cool. I wonder what the back story is.
Sounds like something bro's would come up with.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Sounds like something bro's would come up with.

u wanna go bro?

If this is what the MSU Spartans use I'd prefer we get something of our own but like I said if it gets the crowd going all for it. They really came out strong to start the game.
I think it's awesome

haters gonna hate
Share 49ersWebzone