LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

OFFCIAL NO MORE YELLOW PANTS THREAD!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
however i don't agree with his ranking the eagles' ugly dark green duds over the niners (or even the cowturds for that matter)...classic timeless look > outdated 90's design

They had the Miami marlins listed high too, those unis are hideous.
well, paul lukas of UniWatch blog and ESPN came out with his verdict on the Niners' current unis:

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8275736/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

34 San Francisco 49ers NFL

Wouldn't it be great to have been in the room when they decided how to design the 49ers' sleeve stripes? "We don't really have room for three full stripes," someone must have said, "so let's just use partial stripes!" And then they presumably went back to whatever they were smoking. Aside from that, though, the Niners look very, very good these days.

sorta gotta agree with lukas' assessment....the sleeve stripes seem like the ONLY thing holding down the current jerseys. wish Nike had fixed them totally when they took over the uni contract, but the NFL doesn't allow drastic uni overhauls unless 5 seasons have transpired (the current design came out in 2009). hopefully Nike TOTALLY fixes the sleeve stripes in 2014 (to nicely coincide with the move to the new stadium) so that ALL players will have the full 3-stripe sleeves of yore...(not just those players like Alex, Akers and Tolzien who choose to have the longer sleeve jerseys and thus full stripes)
Who ever screwed up the stripes on the sleeves needs to get fired, same with the front office guy who OKed them
Went through my closet earlier today, and dug up a bunch of my old VHS recorded game tapes from the late 80s, the '88 Championship game in particular (at Chicago), our pants looked somewhat no different then (under natural sunlight) on TV than they do now. All musty; some looked yellow, some khaki, and 'classic' mustard.

I think we all forget what they looked like under certain lighting conditions (on those old 240-480 cable feeds) cause it's been so long, and high definition television (especially) amplifies the saturation.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM ]

soooo...any updates on the jersey? lol are we gonna be rockin some sorta alternate?
Just remember:

No matter how much you wiggle and dance

The last few drops go in your pants
still yellow lol
still yellow lol

They aren't yellow. I'm convinced you are color blind.
this damn thread

Gold not yellow bro
Originally posted by 9erReign:
still yellow lol

They aren't yellow. I'm convinced you are color blind.

This. Take a test Bill.
AHH YELLOW PANTS
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
If its yellow let it mellow
If its brown flush it down
Originally posted by luv49rs:
If its yellow let it mellow
If its brown flush it down

In my house,

If its yellow, its mellow

If its brown, that's cool too.