There are 187 users in the forums

Name the top 5 players you would redaft at the same spot!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you could redue the draft over the last 10 years, which five players would you redraft? You can't move up and you can't move down. You either pass on the player at the spot he was drafted or you draft him. Also, this isn't a "I would have drafted Ninerplayer X thread." Its a "if you started a team and had to redraft the player at X position, who would it be?

Sorry, its a slow Sunday. Just made some BBQ Pork Ribs and wifey did home made Mac & Cheese with bacon....yum.

Obviously, everyone would redraft Willis and probably Davis.

1. Willis
2. V.Davis
3. Bowman
4.Staley
5. Iupati

Redo:

1. Willis
2. Aldon
3. Gore
4. Bowman
5 Staley
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM ]
So basically which 5 guys are better than every player drafted behind them?
Originally posted by niners420:

No.....

Its really who was worth the pick.....If you had the chance, would you still pull the trigger? I.E. would you still grab Crabs at 10 or Willis at 11?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
And Gore with a 3rd, obviously. And Grant with a 7th IIRC? And Brooks was picked up in the supplemental by Cincy with a 3rd I think . Another bargain.
Fudge, how did I forget Aldon....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Patrick Willis (2007)
Frank Gore (2005)
Vernon Davis (2006)
Joe Staley (2007)
Ray McDonald (2007)

I'm ignoring the 2011 and 2012 drafts because it's still way too soon.

The players above are core staple players to a successful franchise. Obviously, guys like NaVarro Bowman and Andy Lee deserve strong consideration, but the limit is five.
Doing this exercise I realize we've had pretty succesful drafts.....
I don't think I would redraft anyone that has panned out so far. 07 seems like the best draft, Willis and Staley in 1st, McDonald in 3rd, Goldson in 4th, Brown also, can't remember round wise, might be 5th.

2010 looks good too, Iupati, Davis and Bowman in 1st 3 rounds and they all have worked out so far, whether some believe it, Davis is a good RT.

2011 and 2012 are too soon, but Aldon, Cully, Miller and Hunter were good picks in 2011, hoping Jenkins, James, Looney and one of Robinson, Fleming, Johnson and Slowey become great. Also hope Kilgore is the future Center.

Worst was 08, none remain outside of Grant, who may vary well leave in 2013 offseason, 09 is second worst, Crabtree hasn't produced like a 10th pick should have, and RJF is a quality backup, rest like Coffee, Curtis Taylor are gone.

05 was decent, If Alex actually turns his career around, 1 year isn't turning it around, plus Gore might be the best RB we have had in what 10 years. Snyder worked out at Swing OL, but is gone, rest like Baas, Ron Fields, Maxwell are gone.

Go back before Nolan era, we had a good 2004 draft, Spencer was a good 2nd rd pick, just declined. Sopoaga and Lee were good for 4th and 6th round picks.

Nothing remains from 2001, 2002, 2003, only 1 from 2000 in Jennings. We also had success in free agency recently, Justin Smith, David Akers, Donte Whitner, Carlos Rogers, hopefully Moss, Manningham, Jacobs. Had a nice UDFA in Alex Boone, who may start at RG, and claimed Brooks, who was cut once by us and brought back, and has played great and earned a huge payday.
Balmer & Rachal

No Regrets!!!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Balmer & Rachal

No Regrets!!!

You forgot.....FTW

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by niners420:

No.....

Its really who was worth the pick.....If you had the chance, would you still pull the trigger? I.E. would you still grab Crabs at 10 or Willis at 11?

I mean, if there were a better player picked later in the draft, why would you still pull the trigger on the inferior player?
Lol redaft.
Well, I'm confused about the thread I think. Revis was drafted after Willis and many regard him as a better player, so I'm not so sure that they are so obvious. Although if you're only comparing against other LBs.. well, the choice is obvious.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Lol redaft.

derrPP
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Well, I'm confused about the thread I think. Revis was drafted after Willis and many regard him as a better player, so I'm not so sure that they are so obvious. Although if you're only comparing against other LBs.. well, the choice is obvious.

I'd take Willis over Revis in a heartbeat. Revis has held out twice and has a ludicrous pricetag. Willis signed a large but reasonable extension and hasn't held out for a minute while being a consumate professional. Cost and attitude should play a big part in a hindsight draft.
Share 49ersWebzone