There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can either Owusu or Palmer make the 53 man roster?

Owusu is a baller. I'm all in on this joker. He's got old school game. Knows how to play, can see the field...make good cuts, catch the ball, and get YAc.
How about Tyms?
No way they make it to practice squad if they continue to play well. Owusu, although some are scared off by his concussionsm someone like the colts might make a play for him. Scott-his old team might take him back. Palmer is not going to be on the 53, but he is still an unknown commodity so maybe.

Byham is already gone
Josh is going to be gone, as well as Dixon.
Bubble- Leonard, Slowey, Ginn
Originally posted by ninergold:
They better stop talking Palmer up if they want to hide him on the PS.

How are you gonna stop the press? It is not the coaches. Plus game tapes-the only way to hide them is not play them, but then you won't know if the kids got some game.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
We have some many rbs.
Originally posted by WildBill:
No way they make it to practice squad if they continue to play well. Owusu, although some are scared off by his concussionsm someone like the colts might make a play for him. Scott-his old team might take him back. Palmer is not going to be on the 53, but he is still an unknown commodity so maybe.

Byham is already gone
Josh is going to be gone, as well as Dixon.
Bubble- Leonard, Slowey, Ginn

youre crazy if you think Ginn is on the bubble. he is one of, if not the best return man in the league. not the best WR but a good enough #6 to keep him for his return duties.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What are some of the numbers in regards to the skill position roster spots?

Can we trully keep 6 RB's & 6 WR?

Will Palmer & Owusu (sp) trully have a chance to make it onto the 53 man roster?

Your thoughts?

Barring injury, no. It would take one, and more than likely even 2 injuries to guys above them for one of them to even be considered.
I don't think Tolzien is going to make it to the practice squad. Another team is going to want him and he has shown enough in the last two preseasons to justify that.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
I don't think Tolzien is going to make it to the practice squad. Another team is going to want him and he has shown enough in the last two preseasons to justify that.

I think Johnson gets cut and we go into the season with Smith, Kaep, and Tolzien same as last year.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No issue with 6 WRs and 6 RBs on this roster. It's then whether we keep a 3rd TE or 9th OL, with 3 QBs. That would be 26 offensive players, including Cartwright.

The issue of Palmer making it seems like a NO, he won't be used in preseason much in hopes of sneaking him onto the P-Sqaud according to Maiocco.

The 26 offensive would be

QB- Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James, Rock Cartwright
FB- Bruce MIller
WR- Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker
C- Jonathan Goodwin
OG- Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Leonard Davis
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Person

26th would be TE Nate Byham, OG Joe Looney or C Jason Slowey.

Palmer, along with Owusu and Scott Tolzien would be P-Squad destined.

I'm liking this. Swain had a nice backshoulder TD doe.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
No.

/thread
I like Owusu a lot, but obviously he won't make the squad. If he didn't have all of those concussions, he was predicted as a third or fourth rounder by a lot of scouts. He has the size and speed to play in the NFL.

What do you guys think of the Manningham signing? I think some fans may be disappointed with him. He may just be "clogging up" our WR core. Some of you may call me an idiot for this, but I think he may be regulated to a fourth WR at some point.
I want Owusu to make the final roster, but only an injury to someone else will make that possible (IMO). Owusu and Tyms to the PS, Palmer finds a home elsewhere.
i'm watching this raider's game and they are saying they are hurtng at the wr position and might have to start some young cat to start the season.....i have a feeling if we try to sneak tyms or owusu to the practice squad, the raidas will be licking their chops.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I like Owusu a lot, but obviously he won't make the squad. If he didn't have all of those concussions, he was predicted as a third or fourth rounder by a lot of scouts. He has the size and speed to play in the NFL.

What do you guys think of the Manningham signing? I think some fans may be disappointed with him. He may just be "clogging up" our WR core. Some of you may call me an idiot for this, but I think he may be regulated to a fourth WR at some point.

naw dude manningham is f**kin sick. when he was a starter he was a beast and even as a 3rd he was doin great and had a bunch of clutch catches in his career so far. hes a proven vet who has stepped up when needed. if owusu is gonna make it hes gonna take either ginn or williams spot but williams looks pretty good so far and ginn is a great return man so owusu has an uphil battle if he wants to make this team. it sucks that we didnt have him last year when we had no receivers