LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Can either Owusu or Palmer make the 53 man roster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No issue with 6 WRs and 6 RBs on this roster. It's then whether we keep a 3rd TE or 9th OL, with 3 QBs. That would be 26 offensive players, including Cartwright.

The issue of Palmer making it seems like a NO, he won't be used in preseason much in hopes of sneaking him onto the P-Sqaud according to Maiocco.

The 26 offensive would be

QB- Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James, Rock Cartwright
FB- Bruce MIller
WR- Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker
C- Jonathan Goodwin
OG- Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Leonard Davis
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Person

26th would be TE Nate Byham, OG Joe Looney or C Jason Slowey.

Palmer, along with Owusu and Scott Tolzien would be P-Squad destined.

All it takes is injury to one WR, and boom Palmer or owusu make the roster.

You need to put the best team possible on the field this year, the team is play off bound, and needs to go deep in the play offs. They are playing to win now.

Heck, I would rather keep two qb's, assuming Tolzien makes the PS, you could have that extra player.
I'm buying a NaPalm jersey if the kid makes the team.
Only if crabtree gets cut we all know kw is a lock
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No issue with 6 WRs and 6 RBs on this roster. It's then whether we keep a 3rd TE or 9th OL, with 3 QBs. That would be 26 offensive players, including Cartwright.

The issue of Palmer making it seems like a NO, he won't be used in preseason much in hopes of sneaking him onto the P-Sqaud according to Maiocco.

The 26 offensive would be

QB- Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs, LaMichael James, Rock Cartwright
FB- Bruce MIller
WR- Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker
C- Jonathan Goodwin
OG- Mike Iupati, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Leonard Davis
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Person

26th would be TE Nate Byham, OG Joe Looney or C Jason Slowey.

Palmer, along with Owusu and Scott Tolzien would be P-Squad destined.

. Realy? You got r.c over a.d for the 4th. Runing back spot. Iv been hearing a lot uv good things about a.d
Only if they cut Kyle Williams
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Only if they cut Kyle Williams

still think 6 WR's is not gonna happen
Owusu will go to the PS, get claimed by the s**thawks and own.
i think having dobbs and tufuaku coached up to play TE and FB may make room for another guy on O.

i do think it'll come down to Rock vs Dix

I'd really like Owusu to make the team, but i dont think its gonna happen. I'm hoping he can hide on the PS for a year.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
. Realy? You got r.c over a.d for the 4th. Runing back spot. Iv been hearing a lot uv good things about a.d

if your saying what I think your saying, dixon is not making the team
Crabs, Moss, Manningham, #10, A.j., and Ginn and that will be it
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM ]

Why does everyone think Cartwright is a FB? He's like 5'8, 215. Dude is just a Blake Costanzo clone. No real position except ST. He definitely won't be lining up to block for Frank imo.
Owusu definitely can.
Either Owusu, Tymes, or Palmer will make it. We will keep 6 WR, 5 active. All three will make a team. Plus JH and Baalke do not want to see good young talent get away.
we have too many good WRs this year
I think they can keep both Palmer and Owusu on the PS
Share 49ersWebzone