LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

The 49ers signed G Leonard Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he'll get cut.
Doesn't mean he can't teach. We got some young OL'men. But yes, he will be cut.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
what the french toast!!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
camp fodder
  • cools
  • Veteran
Most teams carry nine OL, If he's gets in decent shape he will be vet depth if Boone needs to shift to OT

I think Person, Kilgore and Looney are all safe to make the 53, but they are still projects,
rather not have em starting yet
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
what I wanna know is, is his weight under control or is he still 366 pounds??
I thinks this is a very good signing. Maiocco reported that he didn't play at all last year because he was still healing from a foot injury. Dude has made the probowl 3 times in 11 years. I believe every time was while playing right guard. Dont sleep on Davis. I know he'll get a lot of hate because the feel good Boone story, but remember its all about the team first.

P.S. Keep Boone on the bench as a swing tackle and back up RG. No need to rush him in.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM ]
if he's at all servicable, it'll be good. I'm sure he'll be better than Chilo. It'll be good depth...Plus, i bet LH will figure out a way to really confuse ppl with jumbo OL/TE packages.
Camp fodder
Suprised we went for him.

I thought we would have gone w/McNeil from Chargers orr the OLine guy who used to be on Colts w/Manning. Sorry I forget his name.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Suprised we went for him.

I thought we would have gone w/McNeil from Chargers orr the OLine guy who used to be on Colts w/Manning. Sorry I forget his name.

Tony Ugoh?
No risk, take a flyer move that doesn't hurt the team at all so I like it.

One thing I love about Baalke and Harbaugh is how they load up on talent and let it sort itself out on the field which keeps everyone working and motivated.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I thinks this is a very good signing. Maiocco reported that he didn't play at all last year because he was still healing from a foot injury. Dude has made the probowl 3 times in 11 years. I believe every time was while playing right guard. Dont sleep on Davis. I know he'll get a lot of hate because the feel good Boone story, but remember its all about the team first.

P.S. Keep Boone on the bench as a swing tackle and back up RG. No need to rush him in.

Totally, this is what I was saying all along...don't assume Boone will be the RG; this coaching staff would most likely bring in a veteran and Alex will have to step up and keep the courtesy 1st shot or go back to swing T and Kilgore and a vet would battle out the starter spot and backup and Boone learned an additional skill/versatility.
...and the 49ers add YET ANOTHER 1st round pick to the O-Line and ANOTHER top 11 drafted player to the Roster (L.Davis, V. Davis, A. Davis, Whitner, Alex Smith, Ginn, Crabtree, J. Smith, Aldon Smith, Rogers, Willis).

Not that it means anything...just interesting. If you simply go by 1st round picks, you can add Moss, Jenkins, Staley, and Iupati.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jul 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Sinsation:
if he's at all servicable, it'll be good. I'm sure he'll be better than Chilo. It'll be good depth...Plus, i bet LH will figure out a way to really confuse ppl with jumbo OL/TE packages.

Cant agree with that more.
Share 49ersWebzone