There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Originally posted by pelos21:
So what are you expecting for preseason? I know it's gonna be vanilla but we better execute! It should be day and night compared to last years preseason. Aver que pedo

I think we maybe disappointed if we are looking at the starters. I think this preseason will be all about the backups. The starters will probably play a drive or 2, maybe a quarter at the most per game. Would not ruled out myself going ape-sh*t when Moss catches a TD in the preseason.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 22, 2012 at 2:33 PM ]
3rd preseason matchup against Denver should be THE game to watch:

1) starters will play most of the 1st half
2) it's sorta a "tune-up" game for week 1
3) nationally broadcast on FOX
4) we see what we missed out on (for better or worse) in Peyton
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

The 3rd game will be the one to watch our starters for sure. And hopefully Manning's head falls off
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

The 3rd game will be the one to watch our starters for sure. And hopefully Manning's head falls off

Last year Harbaugh waited until the 4th game to give the starters the most playing time
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Last year Harbaugh waited until the 4th game to give the starters the most playing time

I would expect the unexpected with Harbaugh in control.

blah blah blah all preseason games are retarded

game to watch is week 1 vs GB
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
blah blah blah all preseason games are retarded

Well, be prepared to read thousands of WZ pages of glorification or condemnation on our players, due to preseason performances.
i really dont care about any starters this preseason (except moss) because i know they will all do well come reg season

im very intrested to see backup spots specifically how the WR perform (very deep there) RBs (another deep position) QB (kaep vs johnson)

on defense i would like to see aldons transition

also im very hgh on cam johnson the S spot is also something to keep an eye on were thin there
does anyone know if the schedule of practices open to the public is out? i'm traveling to SF on aug 4th and would like to see practice if its open
Originally posted by iLL49er:
does anyone know if the schedule of practices open to the public is out? i'm traveling to SF on aug 4th and would like to see practice if its open

i think only one practice is open to public due to construction
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

i think only one practice is open to public due to construction

Yeah fan fest at candlestick is the only practice open to the public.

Normally yes but remember the 3rd game and tune up against the Texans. We started off real good with an Ahmad Brooks pick 6 like a few plays into the game and after that we didn't do anything. It was 30-7 and look how the season turned.out. A lot of people were already calling for Baalke and Harbaugh's heads. People have to be patient. It's obvious we are going to play vanilla and not show other teams anything. So expect a lot of struggles especially since we will play our backups a lot more than most teams. We have a lot of good position battles. No need to really see the 1st string defense. 1st string offense might get a bit more work than the 1st string defense. A lot of work for the 2nd/3rd string defense like Tukuafu, Dobbs, Ian Williams, CJ Spillman, Cam Johnson, Brock, Cox, Robinson and Colin Jones, etc. Good thing is we know what we have in the 1st string defense so we can find out what we have in the 2nd/3rd string and if they are valuable backups or if they need upgrading next year.

As for the offense I'd expect to see a lot of Kap, Johnson and Tolzien. We probably get a lot of Jenkins, Williams and Ginn. Manningham and Moss should get more than the 1st string to catch them up but not as much as the backups. Other spots on the 1st string that will get extra work include RG (boone/kilgore) and expect a lot of work from Kilgore at center. Some from Slowey and Beeler to see if they are worth keeping as 3rd backup. Expect a lot of work from Dixon, Jacobs and James at RB.. Hunter and Gore don't need much work. A lot of action for the 3 3rd TEs as well. Bottom line don't expect much out of the 1st units and expect a lot of vanilla. Expect us to get a lot of work out of the backups which is good because we can find out how deep we are or if we need to replace some of these guys next offseason. P.S. Don't be surprised to see us trying Tukuafa at FB or maybe even Cartwright as well. We need to see who would be backup if Miller went down. Is Sopoaga a full time replacement or are those other two more long term or do we have to get someone from the outside?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Normally yes but remember the 3rd game and tune up against the Texans. We started off real good with an Ahmad Brooks pick 6 like a few plays into the game and after that we didn't do anything. It was 30-7 and look how the season turned.out. A lot of people were already calling for Baalke and Harbaugh's heads. People have to be patient. It's obvious we are going to play vanilla and not show other teams anything. So expect a lot of struggles. I would agree with the one poster that said expect to see a lot of the backups. We have a lot of good position battles. No need to see guys like the 1st string defense. 1st string offense might get a bit more work than the 1st string defense. I'd expect to see a lot of Kap, Johnson and Tolzien. A lot of work for the 2nd/3rd string defense like Tukuafu, Dobbs, Ian Williams, CJ Spillman, Cam Johnson, Brock, Cox, Robinson and Colin Jones, etc. Good thing is we know what we have in the 1st string defense so we can find out what we have in the 2nd/3rd string and if they are valuable backups or if they need upgrading next year.

As for the offense we probably get Jenkins, Manningham and Williams a lot of game time. Maybe a bit extra for Moss compared to the 1st string to get him up to speed but I'd expect Jenkins, Williams, Ginn to get a lot. Expect a lot of work for Dixon, Jacobs and James at RB.. Hunter and Gore don't need much work. A lot of action for the 3 3rd TEs as well. Bottom line don't expect much out of the 1st units and expect a lot of vanilla. Expect us to get a lot of work out of the backups which is good because we can find out how deep we are or if we need to replace some of these guys next offseason.

the only first string position who will get a lot of time are the WR and OL (mostly RG)

i think our practice and refining of playbook will be done in TC not in preseason

everything else is set in stone and really isnt up for grabs

the depth position especially RB and WR will see a lot of battle for playing time (although the roster pretty much set)

everyone else will just fight for a backup spot (gonna love seeing QB battle between JJ and kaep)
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
the only first string position who will get a lot of time are the WR and OL (mostly RG)

i think our practice and refining of playbook will be done in TC not in preseason

everything else is set in stone and really isnt up for grabs

the depth position especially RB and WR will see a lot of battle for playing time (although the roster pretty much set)

everyone else will just fight for a backup spot (gonna love seeing QB battle between JJ and kaep)

Yep, I should clear that up the 1st string offense minus RG (Boone/Kilgore). Expect a lot of work at center for Kilgore as well. Some from Beeler, Slowey for possibly the 3rd string C job.

And like I said it should be a very productive pre season despite not seeing much from the starters because we need to know if we have depth at certain spots or if we need to get some next offseason.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Normally yes but remember the 3rd game and tune up against the Texans. We started off real good with an Ahmad Brooks pick 6 like a few plays into the game and after that we didn't do anything. It was 30-7 and look how the season turned.out. A lot of people were already calling for Baalke and Harbaugh's heads. People have to be patient. It's obvious we are going to play vanilla and not show other teams anything. So expect a lot of struggles. I would agree with the one poster that said expect to see a lot of the backups. We have a lot of good position battles. No need to see guys like the 1st string defense. 1st string offense might get a bit more work than the 1st string defense. I'd expect to see a lot of Kap, Johnson and Tolzien. A lot of work for the 2nd/3rd string defense like Tukuafu, Dobbs, Ian Williams, CJ Spillman, Cam Johnson, Brock, Cox, Robinson and Colin Jones, etc. Good thing is we know what we have in the 1st string defense so we can find out what we have in the 2nd/3rd string and if they are valuable backups or if they need upgrading next year.

As for the offense we probably get Jenkins, Manningham and Williams a lot of game time. Maybe a bit extra for Moss compared to the 1st string to get him up to speed but I'd expect Jenkins, Williams, Ginn to get a lot. Expect a lot of work for Dixon, Jacobs and James at RB.. Hunter and Gore don't need much work. A lot of action for the 3 3rd TEs as well. Bottom line don't expect much out of the 1st units and expect a lot of vanilla. Expect us to get a lot of work out of the backups which is good because we can find out how deep we are or if we need to replace some of these guys next offseason.

Good post, but kind of disagree with Hunter. Still not really sure what his role is going to be, I think with the addition of James he may be fighting for playing time. I don't know, just not really sure how we are going to be using all these RB's. I'm going out on a limb(well kind of) and saying James will be a pretty good player for us. Not only that but he was a second round pick, and it seems he should be on the field.

At the same time it is Harbaugh, so I dunno. I do know it's going to pretty fun to watch and find out here day now though.