There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Wasnt it chilo who was out of shape last year? Seems like there's one every year.
Yeah. Good thing fo us we were playing through late jan. Some ofk these guys are still game ready.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I want some vid with guys coming into the facility. See who's outta shape. My bet's Anthony Dixon.

Ain't no way. He is at the facility working out 24/7 and he's been known to work out with the DL at times.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah. Good thing fo us we were playing through late jan. Some ofk these guys are still game ready.

H.O.N.

Hands On Hips.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

H.O.N.

Hands On Hips.

H.O.N?

Hands On Nips?

So ready for some 49ers football!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
H.O.N?

Hands On Nips?

H.A.S.... high ankle sprains.. the scurge of the dennis erickson era
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
All good one to watch for. I think Cox is a very good pickup. Seems to have the talent. Some legal issues he has to work through, but if he can overcome that ...

I just what to see those guys progress as backups. Not buying into the 'playing offense' hype on them at OTAs

Time to have a good look at Kilgore. Occasionally saw him on the sideline in civilian clothes was about it.

I think Spillman should have the backup duty just because he's been here longer. Like Robinson and wan to see how he will do.

Will be a good battle for that back up TE spot...

Cam Johnson same as Robinson...just want to see his speed and tackling and such.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
A couple guys I want to see:

Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock - Who will be the #4 CB? Can these guys show enough promise to not draft a CB next year?

Tukuafa, Dobbs and Ian Williams - Are these guys good enough to not have to worry about drafting backups next year? If Sopoaga/RJF doesn't resign can Williams be a reliable backup? Could he even start if both bolted after next year?

Will Kilgore be good enough to backup Goodwin and potentially take over as starting C next year? Will he even push Boone at RG? Will Slowey or Beeler have anything to say about the backup C job?

Mainly Spillman but Robinson as well. Can Spillman show enough promise to potentially consider not drafting a FS if Goldson leaves next year? Who's the backup SS? Spillman, Colin Jones? Do we have to draft one next year?

3rd TE - Byham, Reuland, Celek or maybe we only keep 2 TEs

Cam Johnson - Can this guy play well enough that he could potentially push Haralson out next year or the year after when Haralson is a FA. Will we have to draft another OLB next year?

All good one to watch for. I think Cox is a very good pickup. Seems to have the talent. Some legal issues he has to work through, but if he can overcome that ...

I just what to see those guys progress as backups. Not buying into the 'playing offense' hype on them at OTAs

Time to have a good look at Kilgore. Occasionally saw him on the sideline in civilian clothes was about it.

I think Spillman should have the backup duty just because he's been here longer. Like Robinson and wan to see how he will do.

Will be a good battle for that back up TE spot...

Cam Johnson same as Robinson...just want to see his speed and tackling and such.
agree with you on this. depth in tight end is razor thin,, who will step up?
safety depth is razor thin
concerns with offensive line as i am not convinced we are better than last year just cuz we lost a below average player and one who does not belong in the nfl plus we drafted a guy with a broken foot
who takes the number two job at quarterback
does dixon or jacobs make this team
can aldon keep his head on straight but just as importantly, can he move to full time status with more responsibility and more attention payed to him
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
H.O.N?

Hands On Nips?

H.A.S.... high ankle sprains.. the scurge of the dennis erickson era

Can't believed you still remember that. Now that I think about it his guys has a lot of high ankle sprains. Saleem Rasheed came to mind. And Richard Zeigler LB. 3rd and 4th rounder. Absolute waste of good mid-round picks that usually can be developed into the foundation of a good team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Can't believed you still remember that. Now that I think about it his guys has a lot of high ankle sprains. Saleem Rasheed came to mind. And Richard Zeigler LB. 3rd and 4th rounder. Absolute waste of good mid-round picks that usually can be developed into the foundation of a good team.
couple offensive lineman got them, newberry i think got one, maybe kyle kosier as well
couple offensive lineman got them, newberry i think got one, maybe kyle kosier as well

We had a lot more injuries then. Probably has a lot to do with guys not being in as good of shape and the strength & conditioning coach. (no jinx)

Didn't Julian Peterson and Ahmed Plummer also have them?
Originally posted by tohara3:

Peterson, yes. Not sure about Plummer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

yes... poster gore is also spot on in his theory to
So what are you expecting for preseason? I know it's gonna be vanilla but we better execute! It should be day and night compared to last years preseason. Aver que pedo