LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Niners will start the season 0-2 best case scenario 1-1 (ARTICLE)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
We were close to beating them last time...So yeah - I wouldn't be suprized if we did.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a730ac/article/dallas-cowboys-win-the-nfc-east-and-other-predictions

F__k them!! Just how long have these "experts" been predicting that the "talented" Dallas Cowgirls will win the East? These people just don't like the 49ers and don't ever want to see the west rise again.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by English:
"The 49ers have added a lot of ageing talent."

Sorry, but this is just bull. Niners have a lot of young talent and added Moss for a bit of seasoning. Not sure if the rest of the "ageing" signings will even be on the roster come game 1. It's the core of last year's team who is going to show the rest of the NFC the way.
The 1994 team had recently added a lot of aging talent and won a Super Bowl.

operative word = talent

Now if they were adding aging hasbeens with no talent, we should be concerned!
One thing I can always count on when Niners play the Packs at Lambeau -- getting shaft by the ref. They will have to beat the Packs and the ref.
I believe the 49ers will start the season at 2-0. Here's why.

They will beat the Lions at home; of that I am certain. The question is, who will win the GB opener?

GB ordinarily has an advantage late in the season due to weather conditions. They will not have that advantage in the opener.

Furthermore, GB tends to gather momentum as the season progresses. The first game of the season tends to have many teams not in full operating mode yet; GB will be one of them. GB will not be clicking on all cylinders quite yet; the 49ers will come out of preseason in stride, and only get better throughout the year. The 49ers will be far better prepared by opening day, due to the passion and character of Jim Harbaugh. It is for these reasons that I think the 49ers will win the opener, too.

49ers start the season 2-0.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
In all Honesty, As long as we END as the NFL Champions....could care less how we start.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by English:
"The 49ers have added a lot of ageing talent."

Sorry, but this is just bull. Niners have a lot of young talent and added Moss for a bit of seasoning. Not sure if the rest of the "ageing" signings will even be on the roster come game 1. It's the core of last year's team who is going to show the rest of the NFC the way.

I see only two "aging" players added - Moss and maybe, maybe Jacobs. Jacobs may not make the team.

Yes, "A lot of aging talent" turns out to be Moss and Jacobs...unless he is counting Cartwright as an offensive player. Strange write up and not unusual for the media to over-react or miss-state the facts. There have been some key older FAs brought in over the past two years who will and have helped--Rogers, Goodwin, Moss, Jacobs, and Cartwright (though the last two may not make the team).
Originally posted by susweel:
Anything is possible.

This. I expect the Niners to start the season 2-0 but it's not like they are playing against scrubs.
it's possible.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
We're due for a win in Lambeau. Hasn't it been like 20 some odd years since we last won there? It works in our favor that we get to play them early rather than late in the year.

Box Score for Last win in GB. November 4, 1990
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199011040gnb.htm

Joe Montana - 441 Yards, 3TD

Jerry Rice - 6 rec, 187 Yards, 1TD

Then.................
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=sfo&tm2=gnb&yr=all

I'm not 100% sure about GB, but Gym Shorts is going to eat his own s**t.

I can't see the Niners losing a game at home all year. I do however see us losing 3-4 games on the road though.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm not 100% sure about GB, but Gym Shorts is going to eat his own s**t.

on the flip side of the the we haven't won in GB in 22 years, Detroit hasn't won in SF since 1975.....................

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=sfo&tm2=det&yr=all
  • mike
  • Veteran
Sure I can see the points about the Packer's weaknesses but I still don't think we'll win in Lambeau. Our offense generally takes a bit of time to gel ( we may have a longer offseason but we do have a lot of new receivers) and Aaron Rodgers is f**king Aaron Rodgers.

Our pass rush is good but so is theirs, our o-line and blitz pickups will be tested early and often. Our record at Lambeau speaks for itself. It will be closer than some believe but keep in mind that despite their early exit in the playoffs they were still 15-1 in the regular season last year and were really dominant.

Their run game is weak, but with Rodgers they don't need a great run game and plus we shut down most run games anyway. Sure we've beat some good QBs but unlike brees who likes to hold on to the ball Rodgers is much more of a quick strike guy. We'll get the early lead but it won't be a big enough one and we'll lose it.
GB ain't ready for us!!!
Well I guess I don't have to worry about watching the first 2 games now. Awesome, two free Sundays!
Share 49ersWebzone