[ Edited by nflguy49 on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM ]
There are 645 users in the forums
2012 NFL SUNDAY TICKET
Jul 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM
- nflguy49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,050
NFL Ticket used to include preseason games (live) but that ended when NFL Network started airing programing.
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM
- Overkill
- Moderator
- Posts: 11,944
Last year I just ordered Sunday Ticket to go without signing up for directTV. It doesn't look like they're going to allow that this year.
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
- 49erfaithful49
- Veteran
- Posts: 421
anyone have free sunday ticket to go they want to share :-)
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Originally posted by nflguy49:
NFL Ticket used to include preseason games (live) but that ended when NFL Network started airing programing.
Didn't know that... I got it back in 05-11... I was always mad they didn't air pre season and also all the coaches (or teams') pre and post game shows/news conferences. They had a few coaches pre game shows but nothing post game. Anyways, NFLN does air all the pre season games but they are usually in the middle of the night. I had to move so no more DTV. It was affordable when my brother and I split the bill including ticket. I watched on streams last year and then got Game rewind for 40.00.. re-watched all the games. it was well worth it. You can watch all the games from 2009, 10, 11 and 12 including playoffs, sb and pro bowl (except 2012 playoffs). They have pre-season games live for 20.00 but that's too much for 4 games. Also, they have the coaches tape for all plays for an extra 30 (so 70 instead of the 40) and you can watch the normal version and the coaches tape which is the 1st time the nfl is releasing it. They did it for key plays in the past years.... basically you can watch the entire field from overhead. Helps break down plays better but you still don't know what was called so you can't be 100% accurate. If you really want to save new this year they have for 35.00 (5.00 cheaper) you can pick 1 team's games to watch from 09-12.
Anyways, it's a pretty cheap alternate to paying 300 for ST. Just have to wait until the games are over for the day to watch them. I know some of you work Sundays as well... that would be a great option. Just have to stay away from the internet and scores or try to catch a live stream and it serves as a good backup in case you miss any plays or to rewatch the games after they are over which I did last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
Jul 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM
- Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,669
Originally posted by Overkill:
Last year I just ordered Sunday Ticket to go without signing up for directTV. It doesn't look like they're going to allow that this year.
they're still doing the PS3 streaming option right? my apt doesn't allow dishes
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM
- PowderdToastMn
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,043
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
they're still doing the PS3 streaming option right? my apt doesn't allow dishes
Im curious about this too. I cant find anything on it.
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:05 AM
- eamjr10
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,233
Just renewed my NFL Sunday Ticket service 
got it for $34.99/month also, a little cheaper than last year.

got it for $34.99/month also, a little cheaper than last year.
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Just renewed my NFL Sunday Ticket service
got it for $34.99/month also, a little cheaper than last year.
You didn't HAVE to renew to continue it year to year, did you? Or were you going for a cheaper deal?
I ask because every year, unless I cancel, they automatically renew your access... yes?
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM
- eamjr10
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,233
Originally posted by oldman9er:
You didn't HAVE to renew to continue it year to year, did you? Or were you going for a cheaper deal?
I ask because every year, unless I cancel, they automatically renew your access... yes?
Normally, it happens automatically, but I told them at the end of last season to not automatically charge me. You can set up that option, I called to renew it and they gave me a better deal that is available for this season.
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
You didn't HAVE to renew to continue it year to year, did you? Or were you going for a cheaper deal?
I ask because every year, unless I cancel, they automatically renew your access... yes?
Normally, it happens automatically, but I told them at the end of last season to not automatically charge me. You can set up that option, I called to renew it and they gave me a better deal that is available for this season.
Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Aug 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM
- RabidNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,322
This year it's $34.99 a month for 5 months or $199 flat fee. If you're signing up with Direct Tv for the first time then Sunday Ticket is free.
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
- eamjr10
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,233
Also, There are two different Sunday Ticket packages....There is NFL Sunday Ticket MAX that is still the $299, then there is the basic package that is $199
The difference is that the MAX has NFL Redzone and the Mobile On The Go App. The basic does not have those...according to the chick I talked with today.
The difference is that the MAX has NFL Redzone and the Mobile On The Go App. The basic does not have those...according to the chick I talked with today.
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,789
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Last year I just ordered Sunday Ticket to go without signing up for directTV. It doesn't look like they're going to allow that this year.
they're still doing the PS3 streaming option right? my apt doesn't allow dishes
I'd be surprised if they didn't. If anything, they'll make it available on more streaming platforms, such as Apple TV and Xbox.
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 73,065
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Just renewed my NFL Sunday Ticket service
got it for $34.99/month also, a little cheaper than last year.
You didn't HAVE to renew to continue it year to year, did you? Or were you going for a cheaper deal?
I ask because every year, unless I cancel, they automatically renew your access... yes?
I got a letter saying i was automatically renewed to what i had last year (max), but then i looked the payment plan and it added up to the basic... called in and it was only the basic.
So be careful they don't change your plan to basic
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:52 AM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
Isn't there Nfl.com service where you can get the live games (not rewind) on your tablet? If so, and it's cheaper than $100, then I can get that mobile connection in addition to ONLY the basic Nfl ticket.
I know you guys can help me find out before I get home tonight and check
I know you guys can help me find out before I get home tonight and check