There are 196 users in the forums

2012 NFL SUNDAY TICKET

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Also kind of off topic but, Viacom is asking for 30% raise on rates for channels like Nick, NickJr, NickToons, TeenNick, Spike TV, CMT, MTV, MTV 2, VH1, VH1 Classic, and some other meh channels, and are in a dispute with DirecTV. They have a banner on Nick saying "DirecTV will take away your channels, call DirecTV and demand to keep them" but the truth is they want an extra 30% raise, 1 billion a year extra, when most these channels aren't worth a 30% raise, not even 10%, most suck.

I'm on a Satellite website, satelliteguys.us, and they posted Viacom's numbers to call, they won't connect anyone calling to anyone above Customer Service. Usually I would assume both are at fault, but Viacom blindsided DirecTV with this.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Also kind of off topic but, Viacom is asking for 30% raise on rates for channels like Nick, NickJr, NickToons, TeenNick, Spike TV, CMT, MTV, MTV 2, VH1, VH1 Classic, and some other meh channels, and are in a dispute with DirecTV. They have a banner on Nick saying "DirecTV will take away your channels, call DirecTV and demand to keep them" but the truth is they want an extra 30% raise, 1 billion a year extra, when most these channels aren't worth a 30% raise, not even 10%, most suck.

I'm on a Satellite website, satelliteguys.us, and they posted Viacom's numbers to call, they won't connect anyone calling to anyone above Customer Service. Usually I would assume both are at fault, but Viacom blindsided DirecTV with this.

meh f**k'em
http://www.facebook.com/Viacom

Everyone is blasting Viacom on these facebook page. Frigging hilarious, I love it,
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dam they are charging 100 bucks for Red zone? Man that's a huge rip off. Redzone comes free with my cable

That's exactly what I told them. ST is great if you're not local. But if you are or even worse, you're a season ticket holder it's ridiculous. BUT since Directv has a monopoly..... Comcast offers just the RZ if you already have their sports pack, which is what, $7/month? I called them and told them that and they ended up giving me a $120 credit so I could stay with them and get it. Well, I got the credit and then called to cancel ST.

Lucky for me, I have Verizon Wireless. If you do too, you can download the NFL Mobile app for free and then pay VZW $5/month for V-Cast to get it on your phone/iPad. Then I went to the Apple store and bought a $40 connection that goes from iPhone/iPad to the TV with HDMI. Still waaaay cheaper than Directv mafiosos. PLUS if we have a lot of home games in a month or you know you won't be home, VZW let's you cancel for that month and bring it back the next month when you're ready
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

this happens all the time with every provider and most networks.
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Dam they are charging 100 bucks for Red zone? Man that's a huge rip off. Redzone comes free with my cable

That's exactly what I told them. ST is great if you're not local. But if you are or even worse, you're a season ticket holder it's ridiculous. BUT since Directv has a monopoly..... Comcast offers just the RZ if you already have their sports pack, which is what, $7/month? I called them and told them that and they ended up giving me a $120 credit so I could stay with them and get it. Well, I got the credit and then called to cancel ST.

Lucky for me, I have Verizon Wireless. If you do too, you can download the NFL Mobile app for free and then pay VZW $5/month for V-Cast to get it on your phone/iPad. Then I went to the Apple store and bought a $40 connection that goes from iPhone/iPad to the TV with HDMI. Still waaaay cheaper than Directv mafiosos. PLUS if we have a lot of home games in a month or you know you won't be home, VZW let's you cancel for that month and bring it back the next month when you're ready

I wouldn't say DirecTV has a monopoly per say, the NFL put it up for bid, and no reason for DirecTV not to bid, they won it, and fairly. It may not be the best thing, but people should be mad at the NFL and not DirecTV. NFL is about making money, and they are idiots for not putting it on every provider, but thats the NFL, dictating what happens with there product.
Hey guys a few quick questions. I live in California and want to get Sunday Ticket on my PS3. My uncle live in Texas and got it with his DirecTV package. Is there anyway I can use his service on my PS3? I assume it would cost a bit if I did but how much, if it's even possible?
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Hey guys a few quick questions. I live in California and want to get Sunday Ticket on my PS3. My uncle live in Texas and got it with his DirecTV package. Is there anyway I can use his service on my PS3? I assume it would cost a bit if I did but how much, if it's even possible?

i think u have to pay like 50 or 100 bucks and then just log on to your ps3 with his directv info.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

if your uncle has the to-go feature, then all you'd need is his log in information. If he's computer illiterate and never set up an account, you or he will need to do that to setup the log in information. Then you can just download the app on your PS3 and log in with his information. If he only signed up for the base package of the ST, which does NOT include Red Zone ch or the To-Go feature, then he'd need to call in and upgrade to that package for the extra $100.00. If that's the case, shoot him that $100.00. It's worth it.

PS, the app is not yet available for download on the PS3. Or at least it wasn't when I checked a couple weeks back. It'll become available as we near the season.
Call and tell them your gonna cancel your account becuase you can get a redzone channel with Fios. They will then give it to you at no charge.

Does the Sunday Ticket cover preseason games too?
Does the Sunday Ticket cover preseason games too?

Nope. But if you have NFLN, they replay all of em.
Nah, don't have any cable at all. Just an extra expense I don't really want. Only watch a few shows and I just download those as they happen.

I usually drive over to my parents house for each game but its 20-25 minutes each way so if I could just pay the 100 bucks and stream it using my PS3, that's way better.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Nah, don't have any cable at all. Just an extra expense I don't really want. Only watch a few shows and I just download those as they happen.

I usually drive over to my parents house for each game but its 20-25 minutes each way so if I could just pay the 100 bucks and stream it using my PS3, that's way better.

yea, just talk to your uncle. Hopefully he'll know exactly what you're talking about and just give you his log in information. If not, you'll need to do a little footwork. At the very worst, you'll pay full price to be able to stream it on your PS3 with your own log in information.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I like NFL Redzone, but I paid the 200 instead.
Share 49ersWebzone