Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Maybe I'm just a homer and giving Harbaugh too much credit... but with the peices added over this offseason, this could be the start of an innovative offense that tries to employ principles from both a power run scheme and a spread offense. One play we can line up with 2-3 TE's and try to run it down the opponents throat, and the next play we spread out 4 wide with LMJ in the back field and air it out. Allowing the game plans to attack wherever a team is weak or injured.
Agreed. Furthermore, because we have so much talent we will be able to activate/deactivate players on a game-by-game basis depending on who we are playing. JH &Co. is building this team to be able do whatever they want to do, whenever they want to do it, to a defense without them being able to do much about it. 2-3 TE's, 3-5 wide, under center or in the gun, we are going to be able to do so much that predicting our offense based on formation is gonna be impossible.
Hard not be excited after last year, when we saw a things the NFL had never seen, with a new coach without an offseason....
Have you ever had that girl, that isn't really perused or noticed by a lot of guys, but there's just something about her that you just find F'in stunning?
And it's kind of cool 'cus you feel like you're the only one with the power to view it?....
Anyway… That's kind of how I feel about the Niners right now….
- What do I hear over and over and over and over in the NFL media? "QB driven league"
- The only constant is change, and the NFL is no exception. I absolutely love it when analysts give the 'ol, well they're good but they don't have an elite QB.
- Yep. Keep chasing an ageing "norm": Seattle, Arizona. You put all your stock into that "pop"-culture ideal, and what happens, you turn your back on the rest of the team, treading water to keep up with the rest of the NFL.
- Within' a year, we've gone from the "Dark Ages" with Sing and Nolan, being the team chasing the most out of date mold, to the NFL's innovator.
- That's what I love about Harb, he's not trying to build success through models, he's an INVENTOR!
- Buckle up boys, it's gonna be a fun year!