There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How Unpredictable Do You think Our Offense Will Be to Defenses In 2012?

• Timma
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Not sure how "unpredictable" the offense will be.

I think the real question is how "unstoppable" will it be.

I see great improvement for the offense this coming season.

Better personnel at WR, more speed and explosiveness at RB, and an improved and more knowledgeable OL.

Give those tools to an OC who had some success last season with little time to prepare and things are looking far better on offense this year.

IMHO.

This right here. Defenses knew we were a running team last year and they had issues stopping it. We fell short with our passing due to being very thin at WR. This should no longer be an issue so our passong should be more dynamic and effective which will only keep the D on their toes that much more and open up the running game that much more. I think what we will have is the balance we've been trying to achieve for so many years with the personel to execute it. We will no longer be one dimensional. We will be able to strike from anywhere on the field, and that's what will make us unpredictable. And unstoppable!
Better on 3rd down, Red zone TD % and more big plays of 40+ yards... Just play mistake free again and it will be a top 10 offense.

I think Randy Moss gets 2nd in comeback player of the year.... Peyton already has won the award.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
At this point, how we can predict if our offense will be unpredictable if we don't even know for sure what we could be getting out of Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Alex Boone, LaMichael James, and AJ Jenkins? If Moss and Boone pan out and Crabtree takes the next step, we're going to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league, no matter what anyone says about our Quarterback.
I think
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I dont care, I just dont want to go back where defenses where calling out our play before the snap.......just so long that doesnt happen again.
I think it's safe to say those day are over
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I think
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I dont care, I just dont want to go back where defenses where calling out our play before the snap.......just so long that doesnt happen again.
I think it's safe to say those day are over

I hope so......
Originally posted by Ether:
At this point, how we can predict if our offense will be unpredictable if we don't even know for sure what we could be getting out of Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Alex Boone, LaMichael James, and AJ Jenkins? If Moss and Boone pan out and Crabtree takes the next step, we're going to be one of the most explosive offenses in the league, no matter what anyone says about our Quarterback.
I agree totally with you. But Bro, we predict because we're fans and just can't wait for camp to start. Until then, we are left to our own devices.
this offense is very predictable
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
this offense *is* very predictable

*WAS*

The operative word there is WAS!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

*WAS*

Nope, so far i haven't seen $hit

*WAS*

Hate to say it, but I agree. I'm sure we'll be better next year with more variety of plays between run and pass, but last year, this offense was VERY predictable, especially on 3rd down and in the red zone
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Frank Gore, while on the downside of his career, is still one of the top 3 backs in the league.

Thoughts?

My thought is that you are wrong about this.

overall backs he arguably is.

considering running, catching out the backfield, pass blocking .

he is a top 3 in my opinion.

I disagree...

RBs that I would rank above Frank:

AP (when healthy and out of trouble)
Ray Rice
MJD

RBs that I would rank equivalent to Frank:
Lynch
McFadden
Foster

Frank has excellent vision, possibly the best the NFL. He is a SOLID pass-catcher, but had 7 drops and his pass catching was not really utilized last year. He's great at running between the tackles, but at his age he lacks the top-end speed to take it to the house.

In my opinion, Frank is a top 10 RB, not a top 3.

i would say Frank and MJD and RR for 1 game if you had to pick 1 player.
I would as a homer pick Frank. as a football fan it would be a coin flip.
i would say Frank is the best runner between the tackles and the best at pass protection. RR and MJD are better catching out the backfield and running outside the tackles.
ALL 3 ARE SAFE PICKS but it would depend on the situation.

*WAS*

I guess you're right. What I was saying is this year's offense wont be predictable, where the last several seasons have been brutally predictable. After all, my roommate who doesn't care at all about sports, would say ... hmm 2nd and 10, Gore up the middle!? At this point, I didn't know if I was pissed off more or embarrased as I was trying to find a way to spin it in a positive direction. All he would say is that the Niners were awful. But last year he was like, DAMN, I thought Alex Smith sucked, what happened?!

Thank God we don't have to be that team anymore. It was painful.
No doubt in my mind....defenses will get confused a times of what we're trying to do. With the type of players we have or have signed this past off season, our offfense will be alot more diverse as far as packages and formations.

MAAN I really can't wait for the season to start!!!!
While I was somewhat disappointed in the offense last year it seemed obvious the players were buying in and that there was much more variety. Play calling was conservative for a reason, so I give them a pass. The one fact that is clear is they will not stand pat and just tell the players to outplay the other team. The coaches take responsibility now...a nice change.
Not sure, but I'm sure glad we're not running this playbook.