There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How Unpredictable Do You think Our Offense Will Be to Defenses In 2012?

only predictable thing about our offense this season will be on 3rd and 8, smith will throw it under 5 yards.
i see a lot of long passes this year.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
only predictable thing about our offense this season will be on 3rd and 8, smith will throw it under 5 yards.

Yes very predictable ... Little LaMichael James will take that to the house!
Not sure how "unpredictable" the offense will be.

I think the real question is how "unstoppable" will it be.

I see great improvement for the offense this coming season.

Better personnel at WR, more speed and explosiveness at RB, and an improved and more knowledgeable OL.

Give those tools to an OC who had some success last season with little time to prepare and things are looking far better on offense this year.

IMHO.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yes very predictable ... Little LaMichael James will take that to the house!
Lol. I thought the same thing when I read that post!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
By character I was referring to overall career respect that he has earned from his peers...not being a nice guy. Made that clear in my post above. But as far as not valuing Gore...nothing of the sort...just do not rate him top three currently. Was he top three a few years ago? Yes. But now, when he breaks through the line, instead of jumping out of my seat because I expect him to score from anywhere on the field, I wonder when and who is going to catch him from behind.

Is he still a very good player? Yes...just not as great (or elite) as he use to be. Happens to them all, sadly.

The guys who make up everyone's "top 3" changes every season. 2 years ago most people would have said Chris Johnson was a top 2 running back. Now he's not even close. Gore has played at an elite level his whole career, yet our own fans would rather point to his lack of track speed then his overall game. Not saying you fall into that category but that's my point.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM ]
I think Boone will be a much better pass blocker than Snyder. I would say about the same run blocking... maybe a bit better but the good thing is he is athletic and we ask our guards to pull a lot. Also, he can block down field which is something we require. I don't know if he can road grade but he definitely will play with more aggression than Snyder. Anthony Davis should make huge strides as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think Boone will be a much better pass blocker than Snyder. I would say about the same run blocking... maybe a bit better but the good thing is he is athletic and we ask our guards to pull a lot. Also, he can block down field which is something we require. I don't know if he can road grade but he definitely will play with more aggression than Snyder. Anthony Davis should make huge strides as well. Should be the best OL play we have had since 06.

He's actually much more of a road grader than an athletic tackle and always has been. I agree we should have a nasty o line this year
This is going to be the first time in ages, since our offense has had major potential to be explosive, if James, Jenkins and Moss can provide the speed we sorely need, Crabs, Vernon and Manningham could really do some damage underneath and create plays if we can stretch the defense ...I can hear Pat Summerall saying it already ..."Soooo many weapons !!!!" I can't wait
Originally posted by DirtyP:
He's actually much more of a road grader than an athletic tackle and always has been. I agree we should have a nasty o line this year

You think he will have the athleticism to pull and get down field? That's the main thing. Snyder and others in the past weren't quick enough and just clogged up the line and made a mess. Honestly though... with our RBs I am actually less worried about run blocking than pass blocking. Been a while since the right side hasn't given up 15-20 sacks between the two guys.

P.S. Remember he has done a complete 180 from college as far as his body goes. He's in the best shape of his life. His playing style might be different than in college. Either way I think it's a win win because I believe he will be better than Snyder.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
I think we can be similar to what the Steelers were a few years ago, before they switched to more of an aerial attack.

They were smash mouth under Ken Whisenhunt, but they knew how to stretch the field, and every so often they'd have a very creative play.

I don't think we'll have the most explosive of offenses, but I think we'll be very methodical, and I think we'll hit big plays here and there. I mean, this is a coaching staff who employs the fly sweep and throws passes to linemen. The coaching staff tries to think outside of the box.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Frank Gore, while on the downside of his career, is still one of the top 3 backs in the league.

Thoughts?

My thought is that you are wrong about this.

overall backs he arguably is.

considering running, catching out the backfield, pass blocking .

he is a top 3 in my opinion.

I disagree...

RBs that I would rank above Frank:

AP (when healthy and out of trouble)
Ray Rice
MJD

RBs that I would rank equivalent to Frank:
Lynch
McFadden
Foster

Frank has excellent vision, possibly the best the NFL. He is a SOLID pass-catcher, but had 7 drops and his pass catching was not really utilized last year. He's great at running between the tackles, but at his age he lacks the top-end speed to take it to the house.

In my opinion, Frank is a top 10 RB, not a top 3.

And he's never had the lateral speed to run off tackle and keep defenses out of an 8 man box run blitzing between the T's (ppl always ignore this but it's one reason our running game was always one-dimensional until Hunter last year).
I dont care, I just dont want to go back where defenses where calling out our play before the snap.......just so long that doesnt happen again.
when a team see's us pass the ball downfield more than 3 times a game theyre just gonna give up
Frank Gore has some of the best vision I've ever seen. Remarkable ability to find holes in the D. But his speed is below average and quite frankly he is slow! His lack of speed held him from at least a few touchdowns last year. He probably won't crack 1,000 yards this year because you'll see a lot of Hunter and James for the above reasons.

But I still love the inconvenient truth!
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jul 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]