There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Team Preview - 49ers

Good morning Niner fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em
Good stuff Em. You've come a long way. Five years from now I'll be like, hey that dude on TV use to post bootleg videos on 49erswebzone.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Good stuff Em. You've come a long way. Five years from now I'll be like, hey that dude on TV use to post bootleg videos on 49erswebzone.

LOL!!! Thanks Homie! Just go and look at my 1st Video from 2009... Yikes! Content was there, but the production wasn't!
Great preview, as always...just need to work on pronunciations of guys such as Aldon Smith & Isaac Sopoaga and the battle for the RG spot is between Alex Boone (great story) and 2nd year man, Daniel Kilgore.

Love the point about keeping all these guys happy on offense: Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Ginn, LaMichael James, Hunter, Gore, VD, Walker, etc. Only one ball...but it won't matter if we get the W's so the pressure will be on the OC, Greg Roman (suspect last year in the NCFCG) to use all these weapons properly and install year 2 of the WCO (with many new weapons). May want to note we have a pretty difficult schedule and as always, will be one of the most traveled teams; may end up with a worse record but be a better team overall by year's end. Also, the defense will be in year 2 of 3 of Fangio's 3-4 installation.

How can Bowman be underrated when he made the All-Pro team?
Good stuff from "The Czar of the Playbook"!

EmDiggy, who are your top 5 teams going into next season and who do you think wins the Lombardi?
I wouldn't label Crabtree as 'very good year' last year. In San Francisco the standard for receivers should be higher. Crabtree had a promising year like the previous 2 years. He should have a better year in the second year of this offense and with other speed guys to take the heat off him in coverage.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great preview, as always...just need to work on pronunciations of guys such as Aldon Smith & Isaac Sopoaga and the battle for the RG spot is between Alex Boone (great story) and 2nd year man, Daniel Kilgore.

Love the point about keeping all these guys happy on offense: Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Ginn, LaMichael James, Hunter, Gore, VD, Walker, etc. Only one ball...but it won't matter if we get the W's so the pressure will be on the OC, Greg Roman (suspect last year in the NCFCG) to use all these weapons properly and install year 2 of the WCO (with many new weapons). May want to note we have a pretty difficult schedule and as always, will be one of the most traveled teams; may end up with a worse record but be a better team overall by year's end. Also, the defense will be in year 2 of 3 of Fangio's 3-4 installation.

Thanks NC! I'm big on offenses having balance.. The more balanced you are, the more dangerous. To me, there's no such thing as a "tough schedule" in the NFL...everyone is good!

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Good stuff from "The Czar of the Playbook"!

EmDiggy, who are your top 5 teams going into next season and who do you think wins the Lombardi?

Thanks KK! Niners, Texans, Ravens, Bears, Saints/Giants/Packers

Needless to say that the Lombardi is going to a team in the NFC

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I wouldn't label Crabtree as 'very good year' last year. In San Francisco the standard for receivers should be higher. Crabtree had a promising year like the previous 2 years. He should have a better year in the second year of this offense and with other speed guys to take the heat off him in coverage.

Not with an OC that's allergic to the passing game!
Great preview. Can't wait for football to start!!
I'd give it a solid out of 10.

Some pronunciation issues... personnel lapse on the RG spot... pretty irritating background music after half-way through. A few things could have been better delivered. Not trying to be a pain in the arse though, man. I enjoyed it... solid job overall!
That was good. Pretty spot on. Except Boone is in the mix for OG and is actually a front runner thus far.

Also, I didn't hear you mention the additions of Perrish Cox to the secondary as great depth. He was looking good and flashing in the OTAs.

He had a 1/4 of our receptions last year. That's very good. No other WRs showed up for us at all when Morgan got hurt. He can't get open when being DPed all game.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He had a 1/4 of our receptions last year. That's very good. No other WRs showed up for us at all when Morgan got hurt. He can't get open when being DPed all game.

LoL @ "DPed". Yeah, hard to do just about anything when you're getting DPed, except maybe cry.
Em, this was the best vid I've seen of yours. Much improved production value. Also, you slowed your speech a little and it's easier to listen and understand.

Just a suggestion, make the 'reasons for optimism', 'cause for concern', and 'prediction' show underneath you at the desk. Those intros slides are kind of distracting and tacky with the football and Logo.