LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Name some players that will see more playing time this season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Randy Moss
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:
P. Cox bro

More DIX, KHUNT, COX, RANDY VD AND CRABS
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
They may try to get Grant into the game somehow...three MLBs? Drop one into coverage as a safety? They want to try and keep him happy and into the game. Boone or Kilgore because RG is open.

And I love the idea of CK for clean up.
Culliver
KW
Culliver
Hunter
Alex Smith's arm.
Alex Boone
Chris Culliver
A.J. Jenkins
Kyle Williams
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Alex Smith's arm.
Alex Boone
Chris Culliver
A.J. Jenkins
Kyle Williams

Love this. I agree..., if in order, Kyle would probably go above Jenkins to start. He'll be a fantastic slot receiver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more Cox/Brock and RJF/Dobbs & Spillman too.

The guy next to Boone (still not convinced Alex will win the RG spot yet but he is the front runner) who might get the most playing time will be Hunter. The kid is a dynamic runner and was THE best outlet for Alex last year (and very effective). He plays very well with the strengths (out-in-space run blocking) of the OL on pitch-outs, middle-screens and has become a very effective blocker for Alex. He can also run inside and has the speed to run off tackle as well.

I think Moss will see the most time re: the FA's, followed by Manningham, Cox & Jacobs.
We'll rely heavily on Smith and Davis.
I wanna see more Cox on the field. I love Cox.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Alex Smith's arm.
Alex Boone
Chris Culliver
A.J. Jenkins
Kyle Williams

Love this. I agree..., if in order, Kyle would probably go above Jenkins to start. He'll be a fantastic slot receiver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more Cox/Brock and RJF/Dobbs & Spillman too.

The guy next to Boone (still not convinced Alex will win the RG spot yet but he is the front runner) who might get the most playing time will be Hunter. The kid is a dynamic runner and was THE best outlet for Alex last year (and very effective). He plays very well with the strengths (out-in-space run blocking) of the OL on pitch-outs, middle-screens and has become a very effective blocker for Alex. He can also run inside and has the speed to run off tackle as well.

I think Moss will see the most time re: the FA's, followed by Manningham, Cox & Jacobs.
I agree about Hunter, Cox, RJF, Dobbs, & Spillman. They will see a bit more playing time, especially Hunter. I think Hunter is our future feature RB. Jacobs will NOT get more carries than Hunter. I'm not sure about Moss though. I'm just not sure there's much a 35 year old can do in un-padded practices or in the preseason that will tell an NFL coaching staff that he should see more playing time over younger potentially budding stars or drafted 1st rounders. Personally, I think many fans are smitten by the name sake of Randy Moss and ignore the realities of the NFL and it's culture. I think A.J. will see more playing time than any other WR not named Crabtree. (And my upcoming final 53 prediction will reflect that.) And I predict that Kyle Williams seriously will push Manningham for playing time.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM ]

Chris Culliver
Larry Grant (as DTG mentioned)
Ricky Jean Francois (RJF filled in admiarbly for Sopoaga and I can see him being integrated more often to keep Sopoaga fresh)

I'm inclined to say Kendall Hunter based on his performance last year, but with the additions of LaMichael James and Jacobs, his PT will likely stay the same or even decrease. A lot of those kinds of question marks surrounding the crowded stable at RB. We'll have to wait for the season to start to see how Harbaugh intends to use this crew.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
They may try to get Grant into the game somehow...three MLBs? Drop one into coverage as a safety? They want to try and keep him happy and into the game. Boone or Kilgore because RG is open.

And I love the idea of CK for clean up.

Come on now. Dropping a MLB into coverage as a safety isn't smart. They don't have to appease Grant. He's back up.
Brian Jennings, due to more XP's attempted.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Kaepernick.

Cause of the amount of times we sit Alex in the 4th quarter cause we're blowing the other team out.

Oh man.. would that be awesome. As much as we have suffered through the nail-biters... oh yes... give me lots of this!
x2. This would also give Kaep invaluable on the field playing time.
I agree about Hunter, Cox, RJF, Dobbs, & Spillman. They will see a bit more playing time, especially Hunter. I think Hunter is our future feature RB. Jacobs will NOT get more carries than Hunter. I'm not sure about Moss though. I'm just not sure there's much a 35 year old can do in un-padded practices or in the preseason that will tell an NFL coaching staff that he should see more playing time over younger potentially budding stars or drafted 1st rounders. Personally, I think many fans are smitten by the name sake of Randy Moss and ignore the realities of the NFL and it's culture. I think A.J. will see more playing time than any other WR not named Crabtree. (And my upcoming final 53 prediction will reflect that.) And I predict that Kyle Williams seriously will push Manningham for playing time.

I think you are being pretty stubborn on the Moss issue, but we'll see. I was skeptical when the signing occurred, but he has impressed NFL professionals (players and coaches), as well as writers who have watched the team practice for years. Contact practices don't really add much to WR evaluation (other than press coverage and blocking). I am sure preseason games will shed more light on his current abilities, but I don't see any reason why a player with huge experience and production, good speed, great height, reach, hops, and hands can't be a major contributor. I know he has burned bridges in places, but all the guys who played with him said that this is the type of environment that he excells in. Why not keep 6 WRs this year and 2 on the PS (owusu and Palmer or Tyms), then reassess the Moss situation through the season/in the offseason? Just my opinion. Like I said, we'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone