There are 235 users in the forums

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Meh, pointless without rings. Dallas had a talented team for a large portiOj of the last decade. Didn't work out so well for them.
Kind of tough to try and get an objective vote here isn't it?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Kind of tough to try and get an objective vote here isn't it?

Come up with a more talented team and a reason why and we'll debate it objectively.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
The lack of talent at the QB position is our only weakness as far as I can determine.

It's the cold hard truth, and it's inescapable. -Right now we're the '00 Ravens, but with a franchise QB we'd be the 1984 49ers.
I'd say so. Defense and special teams were out strong points last year. Now that we've added offensive weapons, we're loaded top to bottom. Kept all our defensive starters as well.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
The lack of talent at the QB position is our only weakness as far as I can determine.

It's the cold hard truth, and it's inescapable. -Right now we're the '00 Ravens, but with a franchise QB we'd be the 1984 49ers.

Alex Smith > Trent Dilfer
Originally posted by walker807:
Dont forget about the pats too. They have more talent on offense in every area but RB. On the flip side we have more talent on D everywhere but NT.

Old talent besides TE. BTW, our NT is not too shabby either
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Dilfer wishes he was as good as Smith was, not even close bro
Originally posted by kronik:
Dilfer wishes he was as good as Smith was, not even close bro

it shoulda been us man!
The most? Idk its possible

taking off the the niner glasses

are we more talented than
Phili, NYG, Texans, Falcons, Ravens?

Not saying we are or we arn't but its close

According the NFL Network = PHI, SF and DAL. I'd add NYG and BAL in the mix.

IMHO, I think PHI has it by a hair. But we have better chemistry.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
According the NFL Network = PHI, SF and DAL. I'd add NYG and BAL in the mix.

IMHO, I think PHI has it by a hair. But we have better chemistry.

Better chemistry through coaching separates the 9ers from the rest. Also, I would rather have our up and coming young players versus all pros spliced together as in the Eagles.
Roger, before i would agree with you, I would suggest waiting until we see what alex will do with actual WRs on the field. And Don't forget, he has his bailout now, drafted specifically for that reason...la Michael. Wait til midseason, and if you can still make that statement, I will agree with you. My guess is these WRs are going to make alex's past just that....a thing of the past. First he had to get his OC settled. Then the HC. Then the QB coach (Neat when they are essentially all one man). Last yr he played with what he had. By end of season he had Vernon, craps (who disappeared last two games) and kyle. That was it for guys who could catch the ball. Virtually impossible to throw to just vernon. FAst forward to 2012: AJ, mario, moss, hopefully the craps we thot we drafted, Delanie, vernon of course, heck, ginn, maybe kyle...and last and most important....the one guy who catches most passes, has most YAC, has most 3rd down conversions, and most catches in the RZ, the guy who alex can reliably bail out to .....La Michael. Incredible that we could draft a special situation player with our 2nd pick. Just shows how stacked this team is.

Who has better D? who has better STs? We were fine last yr on O except we had no receivers, save vernon, and he's TE. Now we have lots of the things we had none of. last yr. Sure it is hard to buy into, but on top of all that, throw in our HC, and yes, we do have the best talent in the nfl. Will we lose some? yup, but not many. We win it all and just set the table for the next yrs also.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

this..
we might be biased but alot of my friends who arent niner fans say that our team is stacked! so yea i would say we are. it all comes down to if alex smith can build off of last season and have a breakout year. i expect Alex Smith to be in next year's top 100 and if he is no doubt we are the best team in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone