There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Do we have the most talent in the NFL?

Top to bottom, I'd have to say we do. The Eagles and Texans are close IMO
No doubt. There is so much talent on this team, it's bonkers. Offense, Defense, Special Teams....there is no other team that is stacked the way we are IMO.
If our WRs step up nicely and Crabtree improves on what he's building? Yes. We are a strong team in almost all aspects. Really will come down to the WRs and the OL extending from C to RT. If those areas are merely solid? Oh yes... Stacked team.
For those who voted no, I would like to hear the teams who have more talent so I can dispute it. The 49ers top to bottom have the most talent in the NFL hands down. Other teams may have better talent in certain areas, but definitely not as a whole.
Dont forget about the pats too. They have more talent on offense in every area but RB. On the flip side we have more talent on D everywhere but NT.
Originally posted by walker807:
Dont forget about the pats too. They have more talent on offense in every area but RB. On the flip side we have more talent on D [b]everywhere but NT.[/b]

i disagree 4 years ago wilfork was better than sopoaga is now. but now, the man has lot his stamina and gained 40lbs of not muscle.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Jul 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM ]
I feel we do. There are some other teams that are full of talent like Houston and the Giants [who I HATE ]but I think our talent is very deep into the reserves.

My only concern is the DLine depth. Dobbs, Tokuf-[sp] and RJF will need to step up this season and give our starters a break.

I think our coaches are the aces in our hand. I'm confident our coaching staff will get the most out of the talent we have.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

My only concern is the DLine depth. Dobbs, Tokuf-[sp] and RJF will need to step up this season and give our starters a break.
i don't think this is true. justin smith does not really need a breather, and then in nickel, dime, or passing situations ICE and ray mc rotate at the other DT spot with the LBers generally becoming the DEs.

i think tokuafu will be inactive most weeks, RJF will be active most, and dobbs if he is still on STs will be active every week.

but this offseason i was calling for dobbs to be put at LBr, my view is/was he essentially plays one now. drop 10lbs and become willie mcginest.
There are teams with better known players but the 9ers likely have the most talent top to bottom, including reserves. I agree with oldman9er that the key will be the two weak spots from last year--OL and WR. They look like they have improved greatly in those areas...but as they haven't played a game yet...
we are stacked shunn!!!!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
There are teams with better known players but the 9ers likely have the most talent top to bottom, including reserves. I agree with oldman9er that the key will be the two weak spots from last year--OL and WR. They look like they have improved greatly in those areas...but as they haven't played a game yet...

yep. and i am curious who the RG will be. will boone be able to overcome his height , and if he does... who is the center?

what i like though, there may be movement in those 2 positions but it will not be a new player learning the calls and assignments.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
yep. and i am curious who the RG will be. will boone be able to overcome his height , and if he does... who is the center?

what i like though, there may be movement in those 2 positions but it will not be a new player learning the calls and assignments.

Agree...gives me some hope for the line that it is being built to be great. They have added some very good players over the past few years. They even have depth...not like past years when Adam Snyder was our one man-all position depth.
The lack of talent at the QB position is our only weakness as far as I can determine.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
The lack of talent at the QB position is our only weakness as far as I can determine.

• Chico
  • Veteran
Good questioin! Yes! We may not have the big names like the Eagles who are trying to buy a SB, but our team is strong in every category. Offense, defense, special teams and we have depth everywhere...this year, we need to keep our starters fresh for the playoffs