There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Isaac Sopoaga Appreciation Thread

Isaac Sopoaga – He plays only on running downs. He doesn't rack up stats. He doesn't beat his man. He doesn't collapse the pocket or hit the quarterback. But he absolutely shuts down runs up the middle. Do not try to run through Sopoaga. He's 330 pounds and he's one of the strongest players in the NFL – you cannot move him. The Niners top-flight defense is built around stopping the run, and although they have two All-Pro inside linebackers, Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman, those guys couldn't make all the tackles they do if they didn't have an anchor in the middle of the defensive line tying up blockers. For this team, Sopoaga is the perfect anchor. He allows the Niners defense to be as great as it is.

Maybe Im biased coming from the Islands, he played for Univeristy of Hawaii, drafted by my favorite team, but he, HANDSDOWN, is my favorite player.....I thought Id give him some love in the zone.

[ Edited by 80849er4life on Jul 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]
I'm a fan, don't love him, i'd be ok with him back, but might be best off drafting a replacement, since Sopoaga is a FA to be and makes $3.8M this year, which is a lot for a player who doesn't play ever down on defense. I can't see him back on a contract like that he got before, 20M.
this may be his last year in a niner uni
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
this may be his last year in a niner uni

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a big fan of Sopo. I can see him staying at a reduced salary even. Dude lives far enough from his hometown (Samoa) as it is, and he clearly loves being a 49er. I also really like RJF, so one way or another, I expect at least one of them to be re-signed as our starting NT after this season. Sopo holds the POA very well, and has great stamina and balance for a big man. He can also penetrate a gap at a decent level, but he did more 2-gapping than I expected.

Thanks, Sopoaga.. keep it up!
Crazy athletic for a 330 pounder.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I was so mad when he ran out of bounds......I was thinking he was gonna truck someover or plow through somebody......but no.....he ran out of bounds.......330lbs......ran out of bounds.......
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

I was so mad when he ran out of bounds......I was thinking he was gonna truck someover or plow through somebody......but no.....he ran out of bounds.......330lbs......ran out of bounds.......

lol yeah and also strategically, we needed to keep the clock rolling at that point.
Sopo!!!!!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

lol yeah and also strategically, we needed to keep the clock rolling at that point.

Yea plus too, He probably was think " OH HELL YEA I CAUGHT A PASS IN THE NFL!!!! I AINT F**KING THIS UP, let me go out of bounds"....hahaha
Ice ice baby too cold too cold ice ice baby the red n gold
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran